finder Rewards Roundup: Qantas, Velocity, flybuys
Double your Qantas Points when you spend with partnered retailers, collect up to 500 bonus Qantas Points with Airbnb and discover how you earn points on Easter eggs this year.
Whether you're chasing Qantas, Velocity or flybuys points, there are plenty of ways to collect bonus points with this week's Rewards Roundup. Plus, we'll show you how you can earn points when buying Easter eggs this year.
Double your Qantas Points and collect up to 15,000 bonus Qantas Points by July.
Want to earn 15,000 Qantas Points without taking a flight? Qantas Frequent Flyer's latest offer could give your points balance the lift it needs. If you spend with Qantas partners in between now and July, you’ll collect twice as many Qantas Points up to 5,000 bonus points each month. The offer is available until 13 July, meaning you could collect up to 15,000 bonus points before the offer ends.
How many Qantas Points you’ll earn per dollar will vary between different retailers. For example, you’ll collect 2 points per $1 spent on Airbnb (usually 1 point per $1), 10 points per $1 spent with David Jones (usually 5 point per $1), 4 points per $1 spent on Microsoft products (usually 2 point per $1) or 8 points per $1 spent with Nike (usually 4 point per $1) while the double points promotion is in place. You can use our search tool to discover everywhere you can earn Qantas Points for more ideas to help you maximise your points in the next three months and beyond. Find out how you can register for the deal and double your Qantas Points here.
Book accommodation with Airbnb to collect 500 bonus Qantas Points.
Make yourself at home anywhere in the world with Airbnb and give your Qantas Points balance a boost on your next holiday. Last year, we reported that Qantas and Airbnb partnered to offer frequent flyers 1 Qantas Point per $1 on Airbnb bookings. But until Sunday 9 April 2017, you’ll also earn 500 bonus Qantas Points on top of the standard earn rate for your first Airbnb booking. With the Easter long weekend coming up, this deal could be an easy way to save on accommodation while picking up some extra points.
Collect reward and frequent flyer points on Easter eggs
With Easter coming up next weekend, it’s likely that you’ll be splurging on chocolate eggs over the next few days. So why not collect points to reward your generosity? This week, we had a look at all of the different ways you can earn points on Easter eggs and gifts. To make it easier for points collectors to maximise their bounty, we divided it by Qantas Frequent Flyer, Velocity Points and flybuys.
- Woolworths. You can collect 1 Woolworths Rewards per $1 spent on Easter eggs (and all other eligible purchases) at Woolies. You can then 2,000 Woolworths Rewards for 870 Qantas Points.
- David Jones. David Jones has a wide selection of delectable Easter chocolates and usually collect 5 Qantas Points per $1 spent at David Jones. If you register for the bonus points offer mentioned above, you could bump this up to 10 Qantas Points per $1.
- Peter Alexander. Pick up some of the latest Peter Alexander Easter range and collect 4 Qantas Points per $1 when you make your purchase via the Qantas Online Mall. Again, the points you’ll earn will double if you register for the bonus points promotion.
- Deliveroo. If you link your Qantas account with Deliveroo, you could collect 4 points per $1 spent on Doughnut Time’s Easter-themed doughnuts.
Plus, if you shop with any of Qantas' retail partners and register for the double points offer above, you'll collect twice as many points on your Easter haul this year.
- Coles. Similar to Qantas and Woolies, you can collect 1 flybuys point per $1 spent at on Easter goodies Coles and exchange 2,000 flybuys points for 870 Velocity Points.
- Booktopia. Booktopia has a range of Easter-themed books for the kiddies on offer, and you can look forward to collecting 4 Velocity Points per $1 when you order yours through the Velocity eStore.
- Edible Blooms. If you want to stand out from the Easter eggs this year, you could purchase a bouquet of chocolates from Edible Blooms and collect 4 points per $1 spent on all orders made by 16 April 2017.
- Bockers & Pony. You can order hampers stocked full of Easter treats including chocolate eggs and plush toy bunnies from Bockers & Pony to collect 4 Velocity Points per $1 spent through the Velocity eStore.
- Coles. As we mentioned before, you’ll earn 1 flybuys point per $1 you spend at Coles, which could earn you quite a few points once you’ve finished your Easter shopping.
- Kmart. You’ll also earn 1 flybuys point per $1 spent on everything from chocolate bunnies to baskets for your Easter egg hunt at Kmart.
- Target. Similar to its rival Kmart, you’ll also collect 1 flybuys point per $1 spent on Easter gifts and all other purchases at Target.
See our full guide on how to earn reward and frequent flyer points Easter eggs for more tips.
finder Rewards Roundup lists and compares the best* credit card, airline and frequent flyer reward offers of the week. Check back every Friday for the latest rewards deals and to find out how you can get more out of your points this week.
Latest frequent flyer and rewards headlines
- Velocity Membership Status Tiers
- Qantas Airport Lounges
- How to transfer your points between Velocity and KrisFlyer
- How to earn or use Velocity Points at BP
- How much is 1 Qantas Point worth?