finder Rewards Roundup: Qantas and Hilton Hotels
Take advantage of Qantas' new Business Rewards and enjoy bonus points when you invest in property, rent a car and stay in a hotel.
If you're a Qantas Frequent Flyer, you'll be chuffed with this week's selection of rewards. As we reported earlier in the week, Qantas launched its new Business Rewards program, allowing you to earn points on business flights and purchases. Plus, you can find out how to earn bonus Qantas Points on everything from car rental to property investments. This week's roundup isn't entirely a Qantas-fest though. If you're a member of the Hilton honors program, you can also discover ways to earn 2,000 bonus points per hotel stay below.
Qantas launches new business rewards loyalty program
Australia’s most popular airline has revamped its business loyalty scheme this week, replacing the Aquire program with the new Qantas Business Rewards. The scheme is designed to help businesses earn points on business trips and purchases which can be redeemed for rewards for the organisation and its employees.
For every 100 Qantas Points earned by the individual Qantas Frequent Flyer, the Business Rewards account will earn at least 20 Qantas Points. You can also earn points on the ground when you make business purchases with any of Qantas’ 40 non-airline retail partners. These include popular brands that align with typical business costs including Vodafone, Avis, Secure Parking, GIO Business Insurance and Caltex Australia.
While Qantas Aquire members previously had to wait until they’d accumulated 20,000 Qantas Points before they could redeem their rewards, the Qantas Business Rewards doesn’t enforce this threshold. This means that your business can take advantage of the hard-earned points whenever they’d like.
As you earn more points, you can also ascend the Qantas business Rewards tiers to Level 1, 2 or 3. With each of these, the business account will receive more points per 100 points earned by the frequent flyer and can take advantage of flight discounts. If you were already a Qantas Aquire member, your existing points should’ve been automatically transferred to your new Business Rewards account. If you weren’t an existing member, you can sign up to the Business Rewards program for free until February 28 2017.
Earn 88,888 bonus Qantas Points with LK Property Group in February
Did you ever think that buying a new home or investment property could get you that step closer to your dream holiday? Well, when you purchase an apartment in Capitol Grand in South Yarra, one of the most exclusive residential and retail destinations in Melbourne, you could earn up to 2 million Qantas Points. Multiplex has commenced construction on the Capitol Grand and with apartments starting from $666,000, you can earn 1 Qantas Point per $2 spent on the deposit and balance of the property purchase. Plus, to celebrate the Lunar New Year, Qantas is also rewarding purchasers with a bonus 88,888 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points until 28 February 2017.
While this isn’t a way for your everyday rewards seeker to pick up extra points, it could be a great way to get more bang for your buck if you’re in the market for some new property.
Enjoy bonus points, free upgrades and discounts on your next car rental
Do you have a road trip coming up? If so, Qantas is giving you even more reason to book your rental car with one of its four vehicle hire partners with the latest bonus points and discount deals. From double Qantas Points per $1 to three days rent-free, you can compare your options by provider below.
- Three days free. If you rent a selected car for 11 days or more, you can receive three days free of time and kilometre charges. Valid for vehicles collected until 28 February 2017, you can book the deal through the Qantas website.
- Double Qantas Points. You can earn double Qantas Points on time and kilometre charges when you rent a selected car for three or more days. Available until 9 April 2017.
- Free single upgrade. Rent a selected car for two days or more by 28 February 2017 and you’ll receive a single upgrade to a maximum full-size elite car.
- $30 off 5 days rental. Rent a selected car for five or more days by 10 April 2017 and you’ll receive $30 off the rental cost.
- Free upgrade. If you rent a car for two or more days, you’ll receive a single upgrade to a maximum full size sports car. Available until 28 February 2017.
- Two days free. When you rent a selected car for nine or more days, you can get two days worth of time and kilometre charges free.
- 10% off prestige vehicles. Make a booking before 30 April 2017 and you’ll receive 10% off time and kilometre charges. This offer is valid for vehicles collected before 14 April and between 17 and 30 April 2017.
- Free upgrade. Rent a car before 30 April 2017 and you’ll receive a free single upgrade to a maximum premium full size car. Again, this offer is valid for vehicles collected before 14 April and between 17 and 30 April 2017.
- 15% off five day rental. If you rent a vehicle for five days or more through the Qantas site, you’ll enjoy 15% off time and kilometre charges. This offer is available for cars collected before 14 April and between 17 and 30 April 2017.
- 10% off SUV range. If you rent a selected SUV car, you’ll receive a 10% discount off time and kilometre charges. This is valid for bookings made by 30 June 2017 and for vehicles collected by 31 March 2017 and between 24 April to 30 June 2017.
- Free upgrade. Rent a selected car and you’ll enjoy a free single upgrade. This offer is eligible for rentals made before 30 June 2017 and for vehicles collected by 31 March 2017 and between 24 April to 30 June 2017.
You can only take advantage of these offers if you’re a Qantas Frequent Flyer and if you book your car rental through the Qantas website. As well as these limited-time offers, you can also earn 4 Qantas Points per $1 spent on the base rate with Avis and Budget in Australia and 700 Qantas Points per rental with these two vehicle hire companies overseas. See our guide on how to earn Qantas Points on car rentals for more details.
Earn 2,000 points everyday on every stay with Hilton Hotels
Join the Hilton Honors program and give your points balance a boost this month. If you sign up to the hotel rewards program, you can earn 2,000 points every day on stays between February 1 2017 and April 30 2017. You’re not strapped for choice when picking hotels to earn points at either, with up to 4,800 hotels partnered in the program. Considering you usually earn 10 Honors points per USD$1 spent on hotel stays, this is an easy way to get more points for your money. Plus, you’ll also enjoy the usual perks of the Hilton Honors program including guaranteed discounts, free Wi-Fi and digital check-in. Save on your next luxury hotel stay with our Hilton Hotels promo codes.
finder Rewards Roundup lists and compares the best* credit card, airline and frequent flyer rewards offers of the week. Check back every Friday for the latest rewards deals and to find out how you can get more out of your points this week.
Latest frequent flyer and rewards headlines
- finder Rewards Roundup: American Express, Qantas, Velocity, KrisFlyer
- finder Rewards Roundup: flybuys, Qantas, SPG, Citi, IHG
- You can now earn flybuys points at eBay
- finder Reward Roundup: Qantas, Velocity, flybuys, KrisFlyer
- Qantas/Emirates double points offer: Get booking!