How to add extra assets and liabilities to your net wealth in the Finder app
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The Finder app makes it easy to track your net wealth, also often referred to as net worth. You can add bank accounts, credit cards, home loans, superannuation and investments and the app will automatically track how much they're all worth as their values change.
You can also add other assets and liabilities, such as properties, cryptocurrency holdings, cars, investments or other debts. That means your total net wealth calculation – all your assets and savings, less any money you owe – will be even more accurate.
Here's how to add your own assets and liabilities to make your net wealth calculation more precise:
- Open the Finder app on your mobile phone and sign in using your PIN or fingerprint.
- You'll need to be on version 4.0.0 or later of the Finder app to access the manual net wealth features. You can check your version by tapping Settings in the app and scrolling down. On an earlier version? Hit your app store to update.
- On the main Dashboard screen, scroll down to Your accounts. You'll see two new sub-sections: Other assets and Other liabilities.
- Tap the down arrow next to either label and you'll see an Add account option. Tap the + sign to start adding a new asset or liability.
- On the next screen, tap on Add manual account at the top.
- The next screen lets you add your asset/liability. Give it a name, select a Type and enter its current value in dollars. Your Type options include Cash, Crypto, Investment, Property, Vehicle and Other.
- You can set a custom icon for your new asset/liability. Tap on the question mark on the left-hand side of the preview box at the top of the screen, and you can choose an icon and a colour.
- Tap on Save and your new asset/liability will be added, and included in the net wealth chart and calculation on your Dashboard.
- Once added, you can update the value whenever you like by tapping on the asset/liability on your Dashboard, then choosing Update balance.
- If you want to customise assets and liabilities after you've added them, open them from the Dashboard and tap on the settings cog at top right. You can change the name, type or icon from here.
- Want to delete an asset or liability? Open it from the Dashboard, tap on the settings cog at top right, then select Remove account. Confirm that you want to remove it and it will be deleted.
More guides on Finder
MyNetFone business mobile plans
MyNetFone offers a range of mobile plans for your business, with a dedicated app to keep track of your spending.
Financial Fitness Challenge Week 4: Make your savings and investments work harder for you
This is the final week of our 4-week financial fitness challenge, where we help you understand your savings, super and investments.
3 reasons why you should connect your bank account to the Finder app
What you can do when you connect your bank account to the Finder app.
How to protect your business from looting and vandalism
Take steps to keep you and your business safe amid violent demonstrations and minimise damage.
Finder App ‘Check your Credit Score’ Competition Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions for Finder's May 2020 app competiton.
How to use the Finder app to cut your streaming costs
Why pay for stuff you're not actually watching?
How to get started on YouTube
This guide will help you to grow your business with a YouTube channel.
We’re excited to bring you the Finder app!
It's finally here: Everything you need to know about the Finder app.
Finder app – Smart Money and Savings Tool
The Finder app is a powerful savings tool that tracks your money and finds you new ways to save. Download today.
Ask an Expert