Find your place in the sun with these California deals from $779 with Air New Zealand
City lovers and road trip fans alike can enjoy these summery flight deals.
We've found a very special sale that not only has cheap fares to California but also the choice to book your flight into one city and out of the other.
For that price, you can score return fares from Melbourne to San Francisco with other cities not too far behind. Flights to San Francisco are also available from Sydney for $791 or Brisbane for $797 return.
These flights can all be found on Air New Zealand for travel dates in August and September 2019.
There is no set end date to this sale with Air New Zealand direct and seats are available until sold out.
Now if you're keen to explore outside the city limits and visit the world-class wineries, national parks and coastal outdoor adventure the state is known for, you might be interested in this next part.
Flight Centre also has discounted open-jaw tickets on sale. These allow you to fly into Los Angeles and out of San Francisco and pay just a tiny bit more.
An example fare is flying Sydney to Los Angeles and then San Francisco to Sydney from $869 and you get to fill in the gaps with a road trip of your own designs.
Travel is for select dates from 11 July to 20 September 2019 which means you'll get to experience all the best summer weather that California can throw at you.
Ready to get your road trip on? Well, you've got until 10 April to make your booking so head over to Flight Centre here or you can use the links below.
How good are these fares?
- Price: Great. It's tough to find flights to the USA for under $800 and the opportunity to book an open-jaw ticket makes this even better value. The most recent sale had prices from Melbourne drop to $779 return so you're paying just $20 more on already low fares. And you're paying hundreds less than the average Australian does to get to California, according to Skyscanner.
- Airline: Great. Air New Zealand is currently ranked as the second best airline in the world which makes it hard to beat. As a full-service airline, there won't be any nasty fees for checked baggage, meals or entertainment.
- Travel time: Great. Most flights just include a short layover in Auckland.
- Weather: Great. Travel includes peak summer dates in California so you're guaranteed to some great beach weather. San Francisco is known for its consistent fog until late August and Los Angeles is going to be crowded up until that time so we would aim for September travel if you're flexible.
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know
- WA travel vouchers: Who qualifies for the $1 million in free travel?