Find your balance with G Adventures new wellness travel tours
Plus, how you can win a spot on one of them.
If you've ever come back from your holiday and felt that you needed a vacation from your vacation, then you’re not alone. Recent research showed that health and wellness vacations are on the rise with 1 in 5 of us aiming to include more nature, yoga and hiking in our travel plans.
G Adventures has answered the call and has launched a collection of tours dedicated to wellness and adventure. The new "Wellness" travel style features a program of trips designed to help travellers slow down, reconnect with the world and find their balance.
There are over 80 departures planned for 2019 with destinations like Nepal, Costa Rica, Iceland, Patagonia, Tuscany and Peru. Trips range from 7-13 days and aim to balance must-see highlights with a slower pace of travel.
Think daily yoga sessions, healthy eating and intention setting where each destination has been chosen for its unique wellness aspect. Travellers will participate in local rituals including a purification bath in Bali, an ashram stay in India and a prayer ceremony with monks in Nepal.
Adrian Piotto, Managing Director Australia and New Zealand, G Adventures, says “Wellness trips are centred around the three pillars of mindfulness, movement and nourishment and are suitable for travellers of all ages and abilities”.
Want to tour for free?
To celebrate the new range of wellness tours G Adventures is giving one lucky winner and a friend the chance to win a spot on one of the tours. Entries are open now until 26 November 2018 and the prize includes flights out to join the tour. Enter here, then poke around the new tours to see which you'd like to go on if you win.
Highlights of the new Wellness trips include:
- 9-day Wellness Bali from $1,999 - Take in some of Bali’s most ancient spiritual sites and wellness rituals. Activities include a visit to the Hindu temple of Tirta Empul, where you can purify yourself in a traditional holy bath and discovering the secrets of “Boreh”, the island’s traditional herbal medicine.
- 8-day Wellness Costa Rica from $2,299 - Known for its stunning beaches and wildlife experiences, travellers can expect to tap into Costa Rica’s unique energy. From remote eco-lodges to aerial yoga on secluded beaches, everything on the itinerary is designed with the country’s “pura vida” ethos in mind.
- 7-day Wellness Iceland from $3,699 - The otherworldly landscapes of Iceland offer clean air, geothermal spas, yoga and vast landscapes. Travellers will get active, hiking Solheimajokull Glacier, take part in a rye-bread cooking class in a geothermal bakery and visit a horse farm to learn about the beautiful Icelandic horses.
- 11-day Wellness India from $2,999 - In the birthplace of yoga, this tour sees wellness-seekers spending three nights in a traditional Ashram on the banks of the Ganges river. Enjoy daily yoga sessions, visit the home to the Dalai Lama and earning about Hindu and Buddhist spiritual beliefs.
- 7-day Wellness Italy from $2,799 - Spend a week focused on local food and being present in the stunning surroundings with farm to table style cooking classes, restorative yoga and natural thermal pools. Coupled with a traditional vineyard visit and a local wine tasting to balance out your experience.
For more information and to book your Wellness holiday, head to G Adventures.
- Cheap Flights of the Week: Discounted airfares to European and Asian destinations
- Cheap Flights of the Week: Indonesian islands, European cities and South Africa
- Top travel destinations with sunshine this June 2019
- I rode Sydney’s new Metro covered in Bitcoin just because
- Cheap Flights of the Week: Queensland, Greece and New Zealand