Everything you need to know about Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood
We take a look at what's new in Stormblood, when it will be released and how much it will cost you in Australia.
Final Fantasy's born again MMO is returning with its second expansion this June with Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood. The new expansion aims to please returning fans with a cavalcade of new features, including an all-new story, two new jobs and new areas, dungeons and raids. Final Fantasy XIV is available on PC, Mac and PlayStation 4.
Here's everything you need to know before jumping in.
Purchase FFXIV: Stormblood on PC for $39.99
Purchase FFXIV: Stormblood on PS4 for $43.34
Purchase FFXIV: Stormblood PC CD KEY $37.09
Latest Stormblood news
You can get a pizza with Chocobo, Cactuar and Moogle toppings. Read more…
Naoki Yoshida talks about the hurdles to getting Final Fantasy XIV in the hands of Switch and Xbox owners. Read more…
During our hands-on with Stormblood, we grilled Naoki Yoshida on the exclusion of the bunny-eared Viera. Read more…
The upcoming expansion carefully balances pleasing diehard vets and welcoming newcomers. Read more…
More Moogles for less mula. Read more…
What's new in Stormblood?
The first paid expansion since 2015's Heavensward, Stormblood brings with it a huge serving of new content. Here are a few key additions that Stormblood will bring to the Final Fantasy series:
- Two new jobs: Samurai (melee DPS) and Red Mage (ranged DPS).
- New story: Take on the Garlean Empire and free the Ala Mhigo and Doma areas from its reign.
- Swimming: Players can now dive and swim with their mounts to access underwater areas.
- Stylised job gauges: Job gauges have received an overhaul. They will be presented as visual meters, rather than numerical screen clutter.
- Boost items: New players can purchase the Scenario Shortcut and Job Level Boost to immediately catch up to the new Stormblood content.
- Expanded inventory system.
- New aquatic beast tribes: Ananta and Kojin.
- Job action adjustments: Removal of all unused/underused actions, merging and creating job actions and auto-replacement of upgraded spells.
- New dungeons: New areas inspired by Garlean influence with a far-east flavour.
- PVP changes: Any job with a level over 30 can participate, plus players on a free trial at an appropriate level can participate in PVP.
When will Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood be released?
The new expansion will be released on 20 June 2017 in Australia. It can be pre-ordered now and the new Boost items can be purchased from 16 June 2017.
How much will Final Fantasy XIV cost in Australia?
The official pricing for Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood as per Square Enix's Australian store is as follows:
- Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood Collector's Edition for PC: $79.99
- Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood Collector's Edition for Mac: $79.99
- Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood for PC: $52.99
- Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood for Mac: $52.99
The two new boost items don't have local pricing yet, but based on international pricing, they should be priced at roughly $25 for the Scenario Shortcut and around $32 for the Job Level Boost.
If you're looking for a better price, check out our guide for the best price on Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood.
- Battle Royale: Treyarch says it will “do it best and better than” Fortnite, PUBG
- Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality Review: Show Me What You Got (in VR)
- Dragon’s Crown Pro Review: The pinnacle of 2D visuals
- Command the Australian Centurion in World Of Tanks
- Four Australian FIFA 18 players will compete for a ticket to the Global Series Playoffs tonight