Fiji Marriott launches an ultra-luxe Married at First Sight-inspired couple’s package
Could this be the most elaborate honeymoon package ever?
Featured in Nine’s "Married at First Sight" latest episode, Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay has just released an ultra luxurious couples package in time for Valentine’s Day. We’ve not seen a package like this before and that’s saying something. Dubbed the "Fijian Fairy Tale" package, guests get to walk in the footsteps of Dean and Tracey from Married at First Sight, who enjoyed their honeymoon at the resort in Fiji. The package is inspired by the romantic moments of the episode and takes the phrase "couple goals" to the next level. Think overwater bures with a private deck, make-up and hair styling sessions, and a day trip to a whole other ultra-luxury resort with a scenic flight. Here’s what the full package includes:
- Five nights accommodation in a Royal Overwater Bure Villa for two with a private deck
- Return transfers via private helicopter from Nadi Airport
- A two and a half hour couples’ spa treatment complete with fruit platters and sparkling wine
- One private cocktail making lesson hosted by a mixologist
- One private cabana dinner for two at Fish Bar, the resort’s fine dining restaurant
- One make-up and hair styling appointment per person at the Quan Spa before dinner
- A day trip for two people to Yasawa Island, including one private return scenic flight via seaplane to Nanuya Island Resort and lunch for two at the luxury resort
- One gold and pearl necklace by J. Hunter Pearls Fiji
- One jet ski safari tour for two people including a stop for snorkelling
- Welcome amenities including French champagne and a personalised chocolate treat
The price of the package starts from FJ$40,000 which works out to around AUD$25,000 so we reckon it’s going to sound perfect if you’re Meghan Markle marrying into royalty or you’ve been saving up for your honeymoon for the last 70 years. And to top it off, flights aren’t even included. You can usually find full-service fares to Fiji for around $600 return so that takes you over a cool $26,000 for five nights of luxury for two. To help you plan a more affordable vacation that still has the luxe factor, here are some swoon-worthy romantic holiday ideas:
- If Fiji still sounds appealing, Webjet has a slew of vacation packages on sale, minus the jewellery and helicopter transfers. Prices start from $899 for 5-night hotel stays including meals or $2,299 for flight and cruise packages of up to 9 days.
- Or you could save on flights altogether and visit one of our most romantic hotels in Australia. Enjoy some sun on an island retreat, get up close to the animals in a luxury wilderness camp or embrace your quirky side and stay at a lighthouse keeper’s cottage.
- Consider setting sail on a dreamy cruise and add on a honeymoon or romance package to make it extra special, like Princess Cruises’ $700 Upgraded Honeymoon Package
- Visit Bali, one of our favourite south-east Asian destinations, and check out our tips for an affordable honeymoon vacation. Flights to Bali can be found for as low as $129 return and you can book 5 nights at a 5-star resort for around $1,000.
- Keep your eye on deal sites like Groupon where you can spot holiday packages like this one - 7 nights with flights and daily cocktails and buffet breakfast at a 5-star resort in Phuket for just $1,049 per person.
- If ultra-luxury is still in the cards head to Marriott’s website to book its "Fijian Fairy Tale" package.