Pay a low balance transfer rate for 0% p.a. months, and a discounted annual fee for the life of the card.
The FFCL MyCard Low Rate MasterCard is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of low rate credit cards here.
The FFCL MyCard Low Rate MasterCard comes various benefits that are worth looking into if you're considering a credit card. With a special balance transfer offer and discounted annual fee, FFCL wants to continue their benefit for members with a competitive line of credit. You can also get complimentary purchase covers, and you can get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
FFCL MyCard Low Rate MasterCard review
If you want to transfer balances from an existing card to a card that comes with a balance transfer offer, this card might work well for you. The introductory rate offered by this card stays in place for 0% p.a. months, giving you ample time to repay your debt without incurring significant interest. Complimentary insurance covers that protect purchases made using this card can help you in different scenarios, and being able to pay a discounted annual fee for life certainly helps.
Benefits of FFCL MyCard Low Rate MasterCard
- Balance transfer offer. If you use this card to transfer balances from existing cards you can save considerably owing to it special balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. This rate stays in place for the first 0% p.a. months that you hold the card.
- Low purchase rate. This low rate MasterCard charges an ongoing rate of 12.99% p.a. on purchases. If you don’t pay your account’s closing balance completely each month, this low rate means you won't build up interest charges too quickly compared to a card with a higher rate.
- Complimentary insurance covers. If you buy a product using this card and it starts selling at a discounted price soon afterwards, you can seek a refund for the price difference through the guaranteed pricing scheme. Purchase cover insurance provides protection against damage, theft, and loss of items purchased using this card.
- Easy access to funds. More than 22 million merchants the world over accept MasterCard payments, so you can look forward to using this card just about anywhere you go. For paying bills and making purchases on the move, or from the confines of your home or office, you can use this card online and over the phone.
FCCL MyCard Low Rate MasterCard features
- Annual fee. An ongoing offer means you can keep paying a discounted annual fee of $49 for as long as your account remains active.
- Balance transfers. You can use this card to transfer balances from existing cards, and transferred balances attract low 0% p.a. interest rate for the first 0% p.a. months. Transferred balances cannot exceed 80% of your card’s limit, and at the end of the introductory period outstanding balances start attracting the card’s cash advance rate.
- Interest free days. This card offers as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases, which you can make use of if you pay your account’s closing balance in full for two consecutive months.
- Additional cardholders. You can get as many as 4 additional cards linked to your primary low rate MasterCard. Additional cardholders should be at least 16 years of age.
- Fraudshield. This service monitors your card’s activity and keeps a look out for suspicious transactions. If it detects any unusual activity, you'll receive a phone call. This means you can spend safely knowing that if your card is used without your knowledge you'll soon be made aware.
- SecureCode. This online service provides additional safety when your card details make it to the net.