Fetch pins down UFC partnership
Fetch's EDGEsport channel will offer over 150 hours of UFC content and Fight Night events.
While Foxtel has long been the go to destination for Australian sports, Fetch and Optus have managed to hook some huge international partnerships, starting with the English Premier League (EPL) in March 2016 and now with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).
Today, Fetch announced its broadcasting partnership with UFC and will begin streaming matches from 30 July, beginning with UFC 214: Cormier vs. Jones 2, which includes three UFC championship title fights.
While Fetch is now the "Official Broadcaster" of UFC in Australia, Foxtel users needn't worry (for now, at least). The Cormier vs Jones match on 30 July is still scheduled to go ahead on Foxtel's Main Event.
Fight Night events and preliminary events to numbered Pay-Per-View events can be purchased at $49.95 each or accessed via Fetch's EDGEsport channel. The EDGEsport channel is part of Fetch's Vibe channel pack, which costs $6 per month.
- Where to watch Riverdale Season 3 online in Australia
- Netflix Australia vs Prime Video: Price, content and features compared
- Stan is giving eBay Plus subscribers 3 months free access to its movie and TV library
- This week in streaming: Netflix brings back Wilson Fisk and Supergirl swoops back onto Foxtel
- Gem Finder: Starring Jim Carrey, Kidding is both heartbreaking and hilarious