Australian Federal Budget 2017

Full analysis of how the budget will impact you's bias-free analysis of the Budget changes that will affect your income and your future.

Budget night, when the Treasurer (currently Scott Morrison) officially announces the Budget, has taken place on the second Tuesday in May since 1994. Every year, the Treasurer announces the priorities for the Australian Federal Budget and sets out what the government will spend money on for the upcoming financial year, which lasts from 1 July until 30 June the following year.

We've analysed every Budget 2017 announcement and highlighting what it means for typical Australians. Sign up below and we'll let you know when further updates and analysis come out.

Full Budget 2017 coverage

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, read the PDS or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

2 Responses

  1. Default Gravatar
    PatriciaMay 10, 2017

    When do pensions get there pay increase

    • Staff
      MayMay 11, 2017Staff

      Hi Patricia,

      Thank you for your inquiry.

      Are you referring to the increase in Age Pension? If so, there’s no announcement yet from the Department of Social Services (DSS) as to when will be the next increase in pension payments. The latest increase at the moment was made on 20 March 2017 and this will be until 19 September 2017. If you’d like to get more updates regarding the increase, please contact Centrelink or Department of Social Services directly.


Ask a question
Go to site