February’s cheapest investment home loans
Investors are jumping at low rates and increasingly affordable properties.
Investment home loan demand is rising, in spite of moves by banks and regulators to kerb property investor appetite.
Recent figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) show that demand for investment home loans rose by 1.5% in November. The month saw $12 billion of investment home loans written.
"The growth we have seen in home loan demand can largely be attributed to the historically low rate environment," Mortgage Choice chief executive John Flavell said.
Investors appear to be taking advantage of a cooling property market to snap up bargains. If you're looking to build your own property portfolio, it could be time to compare investment home loans.
We've gone through our database to find the seven cheapest investment home loans available through finder.com.au. To ensure that the loans we picked would help the average investor, we applied the following criteria:
- All loans have a minimum loan amount no greater than $250,000 and a maximum loan amount of $500,000 or higher.
- All loans require a 20% deposit, while some need even less (though you'll have to pay lender's mortgage insurance).
- All loans are for investment purposes and exclude line of credit and construction loans.
Product information for all these loans is correct as of 7 February 2018.
You can check out the loans in the table below.
Compare February’s cheapest investor loans and apply right now
eChoice is an award-winning broker with over 18 years of experience, and has helped more than 50,000 Australians to find the right home loan.
- Completely free, expert home loan advice.
- Offers a suite of digital tools to make you a smarter borrower.
- Calculate your borrowing power with a free personalised home loan report.
Technology Platform of the Year 2016
Australian Broking Awards