With no fees for early repayments and a free redraw facility, the FCCS Credit Union offers a flexible secured personal loan to help you get your home projects underway.
The FCCS Home Improvement is ideal for anyone wanting to make sustainable upgrades to their home. By taking out this loan, you won't need to add to your existing mortgage and will be guaranteed discounted interest rates.
FCCS can make your renovation plans easier by providing various flexible options. These include a free online redraw facility and the opportunity to make additional repayments without incurring fees. This loan has a variable interest rate, so you're not locked in if the market rates drop and allowing you to take advantage of favourable market conditions.
Things to consider about the FCCS Home Improvement Loan
This loan is designed for anyone planning to make sustainable changes to their home, including things like installing a rainwater tank, solar panels, insulation and double glazed windows. The Home Improvement loan is a secured personal loan, which means you will need to offer an asset as security. The type of asset will vary depending on your own situation.
The variable interest rate of the Home Improvement loan means you are not locked into a fixed interest rate for the life of the loan. If market interest rates drop, you could save yourself some money over the life of the loan. You also save money with the free online redraw option and no penalty fees when making additional payments.
If you prefer not to offer an asset, you may want to consider the unsecured personal loan which can be used for anything from planning a holiday to consolidating your debts.
Features of the FCCS Home Improvement Loan
- Variable interest rate. The Home Improvement Loan offers a variable interest rate. This means the rate will rise and fall with the market.
- Secured loan. The loan is secured, meaning you will have to offer an asset of value to the lender. This means, if you default on the loan, the lender will gain possession of the asset to cover the losses. In return for this security, the lender generally offers lower interest rates.
- Free redraw facility. The option of redraw facility is another feature of this loan. If you need to withdraw any of the additional payments you have made on the loan, you are free to do so without any fees or penalties.
- Flexible repayment options. FCCS gives you the option to make weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments. This flexibility allows you to sync up your repayments with your payday and makes it easier for you to stick to the budget you already operate on. The loan terms are offered up to a period of 7 years.
- No penalty for additional or early repayments. By making higher repayments than the required minimum you could shorten the life of the loan. The Home Improvement Loan does not charge any penalty fees for additional payments, helping you to save money.
- Minimum and maximum loan amount. This loan has a minimum amount of $5,000 and the maximum amount you can borrow will depend on your current financial situation. If you know you won't be needing more than $5,000, you also might want to consider applying for a MyCard Mastercard.
How to apply for the FCCS Home Improvement Loan
To apply for the Home Improvement secured personal loan, you will first need to be a member of the FCCS Credit Union. You can apply online by providing proof of your identity with a passport or birth certificate and your residential details. These details will need to be verified in a FCCS office.
If you are already a member, you can start your application online. You will need to provide proof of income including payslips, bank statements, statements of other loans, statements of all credit cards, contact information, residential details, employment status and details of past debt. The type and value of the asset you use as collateral will depend on your current financial situation.
Once you have submitted your application, you will be given a reference number and will be contacted by the FCCS within 48 hours.
Choosing a personal loan is an important decision and shouldn't be made lightly. It is imperative that you shop around and compare lenders to ensure that you are choosing the right loan for your needs.