The American Express Business Card
The American Express Business Card offers premium business benefits including a rewards program and no pre-determined spending limit.
The American Express Business charge card has a $109 annual fee and gives you the option of earning rewards for your eligible business spending.
It also offers up to 51 days of cash flow in each statement period and no pre-set spending limit.
How to applyYou can apply for the American Express Business Card online in around 10 minutes. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the required information on hand.
- Business Revenue. Your annual business revenue must be at least $75,000.
- Valid ABN. This charge card requires your business to have a valid ABN and be registered for GST.
- Credit History. You must have a good credit history and no payment defaults.
- Residency. Citizens and permanent residents of Australia are eligible to apply.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a credit card.
- Personal details. You'll need to include details like your full name, email address, contact number, residential address.
- Proof of identity. This includes your Australian drivers licence, Medicare card or passport.
- Business details. This includes your business name and annual business revenue.
- Financial details. You'll be asked to include your business' ABN as well as proof of personal income and business turnover including recent payslips and bank statements.
- Rewards program. For a $80 annual Membership Rewards fee you can earn 1.5 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent on eligible purchases, as well 1 point per $1 spent with government bodies. You can redeem points for account credit, travel, frequent flyer points, gift cards and other retail items available through the Membership Rewards program.
- Frequent flyer benefits and points transfer. Transfer your rewards points to 9 different airline rewards program partners including Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest and Air New Zealand Airpoints.
- Transport accident cover. You will be covered for loss arising while travelling as a passenger, while in a departure or destination terminal, or from exposure. To take advantage of this feature, you must purchase your full fare with your American Express Business Card.
- Business trip completion cover. If you cannot complete a business trip because of a serious injury or illness, you can receive up to $10,000 for another person to take your place.
- Mobile payment compatibility. You can pay using your American Express Business card with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay.
- MYOB data feed. Save time on accounting tasks by setting up a direct feed between your American Express Business card and your MYOB account.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This charge card has an annual fee of $109 p.a.
- Additional cardholders. You can add up to 99 Employee Cards for an additional annual fee of $79 per card.
- Extended cash flow. Get up to 51 days to pay for your purchase depending on when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued and whether or not you're carrying a previous balance.