American Express Gold Business Card
Receive 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards points and earn up to 1.5 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent with this charge card.
Take advantage of 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards Points when you apply by 30 June 2021, are approved and spend at least $1,000 on eligible purchases within the first 2 months from card approval.
How to apply
You can apply for the American Express Gold Business card online and could get a response in as little as 30 seconds. Before you click through to the American Express application page, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all your supporting documents and details on hand.
- Business requirements. You must have an active ABN (Australian Business Number) and your business must be registered for GST. You also need to have an annual business revenue of at least $75,000.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit history with no payment defaults.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, email address, residential address, date of birth and contact number. You'll also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence number or passport.
- Business details. This includes your ABN, financial details and your accountant's contact details.
- Financial details. You'll need financial documents proving that you make the minimum required annual income. This may also include your accountant's information.
- 100,000 bonus points. You can give your points balance a boost of 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply by 30 June 2021, are approved and spend $1,000 within the first 2 months from card approval.
- Membership Rewards. If you register for Membership Rewards Ascent (enrolment fee of $80 per year) you will earn 1.5 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent on eligible purchases. For spending with Australian government bodies, you will earn 1 point per $1 spent. You can redeem your points for a wide range of rewards including gift cards, merchandise and travel bookings. You can also transfer your points to 9 partnered frequent flyer programs including Air New Zealand Airpoints, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer and Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer. You can also transfer your points to your hotel loyalty account with Hilton Honors.
- Complimentary insurances. Use this card to pay for business travel and you can get complimentary transport accident cover, card account balance waiver cover, business trip completion cover, travel inconvenience cover, medical emergency expense cover, baggage, money and documents cover, travel cancellation cover and personal liability cover.
- Mobile contactless payments. Whether you use an iPhone, Android or Samsung device, you can use Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay to make convenient contactless payments with your smartphone at the checkout.
- Security. All of your purchases are protected by a PIN and embedded microchip. Fraud protection guarantees, emergency card replacement and 24/7 customer service means that you can shop with peace of mind using this Amex card.
- Online account management tool. You can keep track of statements, transaction details, balances and business expenses with MYOB. This online account management tool will make it easy to track your business costs on the go, especially if you have additional cardholders linked to the account.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $169. Please note that a separate annual rewards fee of $80 applies if you opt into the Membership Rewards program.
- Additional cardholder fee. While you can request up to 99 additional cardholders for this account, each additional card attracts an annual fee of $119.
- Interest-free purchases. As a charge card, this card doesn't have an interest rate. Instead, you need to pay off your balance each month to avoid a penalty fee.
- Extended credit days. You can request to extend your cash flow up to 51 days, though this depends on when you make a purchase and when your repayments are due.
- No pre-set spending limits. While this card doesn't come with a designated spending limit, the amount you can spend will still be based on your credit history, spending patterns and financial resources.