Travel confidently within Australia with Fast Cover Domestic Travel Insurance
Travel insurance is without a doubt one of the most important components of planning a trip away. Travel insurance policies help give you coverage when it comes to medical emergencies, repatriation expenses, trip cancellations, loss of personal effects, credit cards and baggage, travel delays and much more. With travel insurance, you know that such risk factors are taken care of, if and should the need arise.
Apply for Fast Cover Domestic Travel Insurance
Fast Cover travel insurance offers great domestic travel packages. The domestic policy options are easy to comprehend while offering comprehensive cover for domestic trips away with coverage for losses including cancellation fees and lost deposits, additional travel expenses, accidental death, travel delay expenses and rental vehicle excess among other losses. The policy accommodates single, duo, group or family travellers in one cover and persons under the age of 21 years get free coverage with a parent’s or guardian’s travel insurance policy. Some of the other insurance policies Fast Cover provide are working holiday travel insurance, families travel insurance; seniors travel insurance, back packer travel insurance and others. This travel insurance provider was established in 2010 and has since partnered with one of the largest general insurers in Australia - Allianz to provide valuable insurance services.
FastCover Domestic Travel Insurance Fast Facts
- Eligibility: Fast Cover Domestic Insurance cover is only available to Australian residents. The policy is only valid when acquired before commencing on the journey and the trip must commence and end in the country.
- Age limits: Fast Cover offers insurance policies for persons of all ages. Travellers between the ages or 80 to 89 years are still eligible to take out cover but are required to pay $2000 excess for all claims that are associated with, related to or arising from sickness or injury. Travellers aged above 90 years can also acquire a Fast Insurance cover with an applicable $500 excess for claims relating to injury or sickness.
- Types of insurance covers: Fast Cover has different covers and these give you the freedom to acquire a cover that is relevant to your travel arrangements. You can acquire a single, duo or family travel insurance policy. A single policy covers an individual and their dependents while duo covers the two travellers only and not their dependents. Family travel cover accommodates the entire family regardless of size.
- Geographic regions covered: Domestic travel insurance as the name suggests only covers Australia and this includes Thursday Island. There are other travel policies that cover international destinations and these are sub-divided in regions. When it comes to the domestic insurance cover, your travel destination needs to be no less than 250 KM from your home. The cover does not extend to stopovers made to other geographic regions and any loss that is claimed is eligible only if the loss occurred in the domestic geographic region.
- Pre-existing medical conditions: This insurance policy covers unforeseen conditions and there are limitations when it comes to the pre-existing medical conditions covered. For the few pre-existing conditions that are covered, there are restrictions on conditions that have led to hospitalisation.
Fast Cover Domestic Travel Plan Options
As mentioned there are different domestic policies that you can acquire with Fast Cover domestic travel insurance. Domestic policies tend to carry less risk making them more affordable. Let’s have a look at the different travel plan options available with domestic travel insurance.
- Single: With the Single policy, you get to enjoy unlimited cancellation fees and unlimited lost deposits. Although the policy does not cover dental expenses, you still get coverage of up to $50,000 with additional expenses. This cover does not come with hospital cash allowance and it accommodates the individual’s dependents.
- Duo: The features for the duo insurance travel plan are quite similar to the single travel plan with the only exception being that no dependents of the two travellers are covered. With this travel plan, you also don’t get to enjoy dental coverage and there is no hospital cash allowance. There is an additional expense allowance of $50,000.
- Family: When it comes to the family domestic travel plan, the entire family gets to enjoy unlimited cancellation fees and lost items deposits. Just like the other domestic plans dental expenses are not covered and no hospital allowance is provided but the additional expenses amount is much higher at $100,000.
What are the General Exclusions?
Fast Cover has a list of basic exclusions/limitations that come with this policy and they reserve the right to pay your claim if:
- You act irresponsibly by refusing to protect yourself or your items in order to avoid making a claim.
- You do not try to reduce your losses.
- Your policy was acquired when fully aware of a situation that would lead you to make a claim.
- Your claim can be recovered by other compensation plans such as workers compensation, medical benefits and others.
- Your claim is as a result of your errors or omissions.
- Your claim is as a result of illegal actions.
- Your claim is as a result of your personal property being confiscated, detained or even destroyed by government agents.
- Your claim is as a result of using a motorcycle without proper documentation or an Australian license.
- Your claim is as a result of using a scooter or moped without a valid Australian drivers license.
- Your claim is related to a likely or actual pandemic or epidemic.
- Your claim is related to a pandemic or epidemic threat.
- Your claim was as a result of your ignorance to warnings from the media, government agencies and other official governing bodies. These warning may have been against travelling to a certain part of the country, about a strike, civil unrest, riots, bad weather or a contagious disease. The claim will not be considered if you failed to take necessary action to minimise or avoid potential harm and this includes travel delays.
- Your claim is as a result of an act of war, insurrection, rebellion, revolution or military take-over.
- Your claim is as a result of a reaction or contamination from radioactivity or nuclear weapons.
- Your claim is as a result of chemical and/or biological compounds, substances or materials that were used directly or indirectly to harm human life, create public fear or destroy humans.
Who is Eligible to Apply for the Fast Cover Domestic Travel Plan?
Like any other insurance policy, you need to meet the eligibility requirements in order to acquire the Fast Cover domestic travel plan. The travel insurance policy is only available for Australian residents. This is a domestic insurance travel plan which means that it only covers trips within the country with the inclusion of Thursday Island.
There are age limits with this travel plan and these are made on the date that the certificate of insurance is issued. Travellers of all ages are eligible for the Fast Cover domestic travel insurance plan. Travellers aged above 80 years old will however be required to pay excess with claims that are related to sickness or injury. The excess charges are as follows: $2000 for travellers aged between 80 and 89 years and $5000 for travellers above the age of 90.
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Claims
Steps to make a Fast Cover Travel Insurance claim;
- Fast Cover requires that you make your claim as soon as possible using their claim form which is available online. In fact, you risk having your claim reduced if you decide to delay on making the claim.
- Your claim cannot be processed unless the claim form is fully completely.
- You need to provide Fast Cover with all information requested to support your claim. This includes but is not limited to medical reports, valuations, police reports as well as proof of ownership.
- You are required to co-operate with Fast Cover during the duration of claim and must provide any information that may be useful in processing your claim.
- When seeking claims for theft or loss of personal effects and/or luggage, you are required to report the matter to the police immediately. You will also need to provide a written notice of the report.
- Those seeking claims for misplaced or damaged personal effects and luggage caused by an accommodation provider or airline, it is required that you report the matter to the relevant official and obtain a report as well. The written report should include settlement offers made by any providers and this needs to be submitted within 30 days after you trip. You must not admit liability.
- All claims are paid in AUD and depreciation will be factored in as determined by Fast Cover.
Receive a Quote for Fast Cover Domestic Travel Insurance
If you are gearing up for your next adventure in your beautiful homeland, the cover offered through the Fast Cover Domestic Travel Insurance policy might be the right option for you. Cover can be purchased entirely online through the Fast Cover website, simply follow the secure link in the table above to be transferred through to the Fast Cover website. finder.com.au always recommends that you clearly read through the product disclosure statement before taking out cover to ensure you know exactly what you will and will not be covered for.