Fast Cover Comprehensive with Snow Cover Policy insures you against any mishap you may encounter while hitting the slopes.
When choosing snow cover you need to make sure that the policy is comprehensive. With Fast Cover allows its customers to compare policies and sign up online and be covered straight away. Fast Cover is backed by the Hollard Insurance.
The benefit of snow cover in addition to standard travel insurance is:
- Specialised medical cover. If you are travelling far from home it can be particularly important to take out snow cover as your medical bills can quickly add up.
- Bad weather cover. If you have to cancel your holiday because of bad weather, your snow cover will protect you from cancellation fees, lost deposits and rebooking fees.
- Snow gear cover. When you are travelling to the snow, you are travelling with a lot of specialised gear. Therefore, you want the added protection of snow cover for your equipment in case it is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Ski pass cover. If you are unable to use your ski passes because you were ill, or because the pass was lost or stolen, your snow cover travel insurance can reimburse you for that.
|Get 5% off travel insurance with Fast Cover||Get 5% off your travel insurance when you use this coupon code.||
Show code CO****
After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Fast Cover Travel Insurance policies
What does the Fast Cover Comprehensive with Snow Cover include?
Fast Cover offers a range of travel insurance plans to ensure you can tailor so you’re not paying for features you don’t want or need. The Fast Cover Comprehensive Travel Insurance Plan with Snow Cover from Fast Cover insures you against all of the common travelling disasters, with added protection for your specialised snow activities.
This means you are insured for:
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits if you are forced to cancel or reschedule your trip because of circumstances outside of your control
- Emergency medical assistance if you become ill or injured while overseas, plus a $15,000 benefit if you die as a result of your illness or injury
- All reasonable medical and hospital expenses if you are sick or injured while travelling overseas, including emergency dental treatments
- All reasonable travel and accommodation expenses as the result of you or your travelling companion becoming ill or injured and unable to meet your travel plans
- A cash allowance of $50 for each day you are hospitalised after more than 48 continuous hours
- Accidental death cover if you die within 12 months of returning from your trip, as the result of an injury sustained while travelling. Your family will also receive a benefit after 12 months if you are missing and presumed dead during your travels
- Permanent disability as the result of an injury you suffered while travelling
- Loss of income if you become disabled within 30 days of returning from your trip, as the result of an injury you sustained while travelling. The disability must continue for more than 30 days after your return, after which you will be paid $400 per week for 26 weeks
- The replacement of your travel documents, credit cards and traveller’s cheques
- The theft of cash, bank notes, currency notes or postal orders which were stolen from your person
- The loss, damage or theft of your luggage and personal effects
- A delay in your luggage and personal effects to allow you to purchase essential items, after a delay of 12 hours
- Travel delay expenses to allow you to pay for additional meals and accommodation expenses if your journey is delayed for more than six hours
- Alternative travel expenses to get you to an event such as a wedding, funeral, conference or tour, if your transport is delayed or cancelled
- Personal liability cover
- The rental vehicle excess if your rental car is involved in an accident, damaged or stolen
- Medical assistance for an injury or illness which is the result of snow sport activities
- Medical and hospital expenses if you become sick or injured from snow sport activities
- Repair or replacement of your own snow equipment which is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged
- The hire costs of alternative equipment if your hired snow equipment if lost, stolen or damaged
- Reimbursement for costs you can’t recover from your prepaid ski passes, ski hire, tuition fees or lift passes, if you are ill or injured and unable to use your snow ski packages
- A benefit of $100 for each 24 hour period for piste closure due to not enough snow, bad weather, power failure at the resort or air lift systems being closed
- Reasonable additional travel and accommodation costs if you are delayed in returning home because of bad weather or avalanche
Fast Cover Comprehensive with Snow Cover options
With the Fast Cover Comprehensive Travel Insurance Plan with Snow Cover, you can further add and tailor features to suit your travelling requirements, for example:
- Increased luggage and personal effects cover. For a slightly higher premium, you can increase the amount of cover for your luggage and personal effects by $5,000. This does not allow you to increase cover for jewellery or snow equipment.
- Excess amount. The standard excess on your Fast Cover travel insurance policy is $200. You can change this amount to $100, or you can remove the excess amount, for an additional premium. Changing this option will depend on your personal circumstances, and if you’d rather pay a higher premium upfront, you won’t have to find any extra cash for the claims excess if you do need help from your travel insurance while you’re away.
What are the general exclusions?
Every insurance policy draws the line at the behaviour and expectations you must adhere to, to remain covered and under the protection of the policy. Fast Cover travel insurance will not pay if:
- You must act responsibly to protect yourself and your property
- You must do everything you can to minimise any loss you do suffer
- You cannot claim for circumstances of which you were aware at the time of application
- You cannot claim for loss which you could recover from other compensation such as worker’s compensation, transport accident funds, government sponsored plans or medical benefit schemes
- You cannot claim as the result of mistakes or omissions in your booking plans and documents
- You must not act illegally or break any government prohibitions
- You cannot claim for an item the government has confiscated, detained or confiscated
- For a claim that arises from motorcycle, scooter or moped riding, you must hold an Australian motorcycle license
- You cannot claim for instances arising from an epidemic or pandemic
- You must follow the advice of media, government and official body warnings about your travel destination
- You cannot claim in the event of war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or taking power by the military
- You cannot claim for contamination from nuclear weapon or radioactivity
- You cannot claim for any circumstances which are the result of a pre existing medical condition.
Who’s eligible for Fast Cover Comprehensive with Snow Cover Plan?
You are able to apply for comprehensive travel insurance with snow cover from Fast Cover if you are an Australian resident, purchase the policy before you leave, and your trip begins and ends in Australia. You are able to apply online, and are not required to take a medical test, so you can be approved for cover right away.
If you are 80 to 89 years old, you will be required to pay a $2,000 if you make a claim on your policy for injury or illness.Back to top
How to make a claim with Fast Cover
Even when you know you have travel insurance, if the circumstances arise where you need to make a claim, it can still make you cringe thinking about call centres, hold music and complicated forms. That is why Fast Cover is dedicated to a fast and easy claims process, using only Australian call centres, and processing the entire claim over the phone for you if you prefer.
To make a claim on your Fast Cover insurance, simply:
- Call Fast Cover and explain the situation to the claims team.
- The claims team will complete the claims process for you over the phone.
- If additional documentation is required, forward this information to Fast Cover as soon as you can.
- If you are claiming for loss of luggage or personal effects, report the loss to the police and transport company, and provide a copy of the report to Fast Cover.
- You must submit a claim within 30 days of returning from your trip.
Skiing and snow holidays can be a great adventure, and to make sure you can really let loose and feel truly free as you explore the white wonderland, add specialised snow cover to your travel insurance policy, to protect you, your equipment and your memories.Back to top