Looking for cover just for your luggage or if you have to cancel your trip? Get affordable cover with Fast Cover
Fast Cover was launched in 2010 to offer an affordable and tailored travel insurance solution, offering only the features you really need. The Fast Cover call centres are all based in Australia, and when you travel you have access to the Allianz Global Assistance emergency network 24 hours a day.
As you compare travel insurance, consider the specialised Insurance offered by Fast Cover. Fast Cover Cancellation and Luggage is backed by Allianz to offer global assistance, international expertise and experienced service and advice wherever you are travelling.
You need to consider the following elements of your holiday:
- Where you are travelling to. Make sure each of the destinations you are visiting is listed in your travel insurance policy, including your stopover points between flights or cruise ports.
- Your medical needs. You may have specific medical needs or a pre-existing condition that may attract higher premiums or be excluded. Make sure to check with Fast Cover to see if your condition is covered.
- Your personal items. While most of the luggage and personal items you’re travelling with aren’t irreplaceable, it would be inconvenient and expensive to lose them. Therefore, assess the value of items such as jewellery, computers and cameras which you are travelling with, and compare the benefits paid for replacing personal items in delayed luggage. Your passport and travel documents on the other hand are crucial to the success of your trip, and you will need to be sure that your insurer can quickly and easily trace or replace these items if they are lost or stolen.
- Change of plans. If an unexpected event occurs that requires you to cancel or change your plans, your travel agent or carrier is likely to charge you cancellation fees, and you may not be able to recover any deposits paid. If you have travel insurance you can claim lost deposits from flights, accommodation, car hire and tours.
What does the Fast Cover Cancellation and Luggage Insurance Cover?
With Fast Cover travel insurance you can choose a policy which has only the inclusions you want and need, to keep you protected and save you money at the same time. for example, you can choose:
- Plan A. Comprehensive cover
- Plan B. Domestic travel
- Plan C. Cover for cancellations and luggage
- Plan D. Comprehensive policy A, plus snow cover
- Plan E. Standard cover
- Plan F. Multi trip cover for unlimited trips within a 12 month period, within the Asia Pacific.
If you choose Plan C, to cover you for cancellation and luggage insurance, you will be protected by the following benefits:
- Cover for cancelled or curtailment of your journey. If you have to cancel or cut short your travel because of unexpected circumstances which are outside your control, Fast Cover covers cancellation fees and lost deposits from your travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Travel agent cancellation fees. Your Fast Cover insurance covers for up to $1,500 of travel agent cancellation fees on a single policy.
- Frequent Flyer rewards. You will be reimbursed for the loss of Frequent Flyer points or similar rewards points if you used these points to purchase the cancelled airline ticket. Fast Cover will only pay a benefit if you cannot recover the points any other way.
- A relative’s hospitalisation. If a relative is hospitalised or dies as the result of a pre existing condition, in Australia or New Zealand, you can receive a $2,000 benefit on a single policy.
You will not be able to claim for cancellation fees and lost deposits if you were aware of any reason which may cause you to cancel or change your travel plans before you booked. This means you cannot claim in the event of your travelling companion changing their plans, changes to business or contractual obligations, or a tour being cancelled because the operator could not meet their required passenger numbers.
Under Plan C, your luggage and personal effects are also insured for:
- Specified items. You can nominate specified items to be insured for an individual amount on your Fast Cover travel insurance, however, you will need to do this when you apply, so the items can be listed on your Certificate of Insurance.
- Repair costs. For luggage and personal effects which are damaged, Fast Cover will pay for the repairs, factoring in original value and depreciation.
- Replacement costs. Where luggage and personal effects are lost or stolen, Fast Cover will pay a benefit for their replacement, according to their original value and depreciation, where the benefit will not exceed the original value of the item.
- Item limit. The item limits for your luggage and personal effects insurance are: $3,000 for a computer, up to $1,000 for mobile phones or PDAs, and $750 for unspecified items such as unattached camera lenses, sets of golf clubs, or a matching pair of earrings.
- Additional specified items. You can choose to increase your cover level for an additional premium, to add specified luggage and personal effects.
- Luggage and personal effects in a vehicle. If your luggage or personal items are stolen or damaged after you left them in a vehicle, you can only claim if the items were locked in the boot or a locked storage compartment, entry to the vehicle was forced, and the theft occurred during daylight hours.
You must report loss, theft or damage to the police, bus line, airline, shipping line or rail authority within 24 hours to be eligible to claim from your Fast Cover insurance.Back to top
Fast Cover Cancellation and Luggage Insurance Additional Options
You are able to further tailor your Cancellation and Luggage Insurance with Fast Cover, by adding the following options for an additional premium:
- Remove standard excess. The standard excess on Fast Cover travel insurance is $200, which you must pay before you can make a claim. You can reduce the excess to $100, or you can remove it all together.
- Pre existing conditions. The Fast Cover travel insurance policy does not cover you for situations arising from certain pre existing conditions. Some pre existing conditions are covered by your insurance, such as asthma, diabetes or epilepsy. However, to ensure your specific circumstances are covered relating to your experience with a condition, you will need to provide all information to Fast Cover when you apply.
What are the General Exclusions?
There are certain conditions under which Fast Cover will not pay a claim on your cancellation and luggage travel insurance. For example, you cannot receive a benefit payment if:
- you acted in an irresponsible way, and have not acted to protect yourself and your property.
- you do not do everything you can to reduce your loss.
- you cannot claim for an inconsequential loss, such as a loss of enjoyment.
- you were aware of a situation or circumstance which would lead to a claim before you purchased the policy.
- you are claiming under worker’s compensation, transport accident laws, a government sponsored plan, or medical benefits scheme.
- the claim is the result of errors or omissions made in booking arrangements.
- you have acted illegally or broken government prohibitions or regulations.
- you are claiming for anything confiscated or destroyed by the government.
- you were driving a motorcycle, moped or scooter without a current motorcycle license.
- you have disregarded government or other official warnings about your travel destination.
- you are claiming as the result of an act of war, declared or not.
- you are claiming for a nuclear reaction, contamination from nuclear weapons or radioactivity.
Who is Eligible in Getting a Fast Cover Cancellation and Luggage Travel Plan?
If you are interested in covering yourself with cancellation and luggage travel insurance from Fast Cover, you can apply if:
- you are an Australian resident
- you purchase your policy before your travel begins
- your travel will begin and end in Australia.
If you are 80 to 89 years old there will be an additional $2,000 excess for claims relating to injury or illness.Back to top
How to Make a Claim with Fast Cover
Although you hope to never make a claim on your travel insurance, it is reassuring to know that the claims process with Fast Cover is also fast. To make a claim:
- Call the Fast Cover claims team.
- Fast Cover will guide you through the claim, processing it over the phone, or helping you source any additional information needed.
- In the case of lost, damaged or stolen luggage or personal effects, you should report the incident to the local police and the airline or travel company, and provide a copy of the report to Fast Cover.
- Do not admit fault or liability, become involved in litigation or promise to make any payment without the approval of Fast Cover.
- Make sure you provide the claims information or completed claim form for Fast Cover within 30 days of your return home.
Every journey is different and every traveller takes their own path, which is why Fast Cover offers a quick and easy way to tailor your travel insurance to your needs, apply online and be covered straight away, so you can get on with your next adventure.Back to top