Fair Go Finance Personal Loan
Up to $10,000 available to borrow for both good and bad credit applicants. Find out about applying with Fair Go Finance.Fair Go Finance offer short term financing solutions. They provide personal loans for borrowers with both good and bad credit history and successful applicants can borrow up to $10,000. Apply for as much as you need and have up to 3 years to repay the loan – find out if you’re eligible below.
Maximum loan amount
Within 24 hours
Term of loan
|Product Name||Fair Go Finance Personal Loan|
|Minimum loan amount||$2,250|
|Maximum loan amount||$10,000|
|Initial Maximium Loan Amount||$5,000|
|Loan term||3-36 months|
|Turnaround time||Within 24 hours|
|Costs||from 17.9% p.a. + establishment fee of between $360 - $771 + $9 monthly fee|
|Requirements||18 years old, a permanent Australian resident and in regular paid employment|
|Available to Centrelink Borrowers?||No|
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support. Find out more here: https://www.finder.com.au/coronavirus-financial-help
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
How does a personal loan from Fair Go Finance work?
Customers can apply for between $2,250 and $10,000, depending on what they're looking to finance and what repayments they can afford. The application could take five minutes to complete and applicants can receive their loan 24 hours after approval.Fair Go Finance will direct debit repayments from the borrower's nominated bank account on the agreed upon dates until a loan is repaid in full, but customers can repay their loan earlier without penalty should they choose to. Subsequent loans applied for as a repeat borrower qualify for a quicker application process and potential discounts.
What features come with a Fair Go Finance Personal Loan?
Taking out a small personal loan (below $10,000) with Fair Go Finance gives customers access to the following features:
- Choice of loan amount. Loan amounts between $2,250 and $10,000 are available. Fair Go Finance also offers smaller loans from $500 and larger loans up to $10,000.
- Fixed repayments. This loan comes with fixed repayments for the life of the loan. This means that people will know exactly what their repayments will be each month.
- No early repayment penalty. Customers who find that they can repay the loan early and save money over the life of the loan will be able to do so without being charged a penalty.
- Use the loan amount for anything (legal). Loans can be used for a variety of expenses or purchases. Customers could consolidate existing debts, pay for home renovations or a rental bond or even use the loan to buy new furniture.
- Easy repeat borrowing. Applying for a second loan sees a speedier application through Fair Go Finance's 'Express Service'. Customers looking for repeat finance qualify for a lower application fee and reduced interest rate.
What are the risks of no credit check loans?
- Unaffordable repayments. Consider the size of the regular repayments and ensure the loan is able to be repaid during the loan term. If not, extra fees apply to extend it. Be careful, since repayment periods for these kinds of loans tend to be shorter than regular loans.
- Multiple applications. Every loan application shows up on credit reports. While lenders might not consider credit history, several applications within a short period can have a negative impact on your credit score moving forward.
- Check rates and fees. Establishment and monthly fees are capped, so be wary of lenders quoting prices beyond the legal maximum amounts. Be crystal clear on what will be charged for late payments or a default on the loan. The total cost of the loan matters here - lenders can charge interest rates on top of everything else.
- Long-term repercussions and legal issues. Once the loan agreement is signed, the customer is bound to its conditions until the loan and any associated rates and fees have been paid. Typically these loans are unsecured, which means that the lender can initiate legal proceedings against the customer if they can't repay.
The costs of the loan
The following costs apply to this loan:
- Establishment fee: Between $360 and $771
- Monthly fee: $9
- Interest rate: from 17.9% p.a.
How to apply
Prospective applicants can click 'Go to Site' to get the process started. The following eligibility criteria will apply, and approved applicants will need:
- Age. To be over the age of 18.
- Employment. Must be employed on a casual, part-time or full-time basis.
- Centrelink. Income cannot solely be from Centrelink payments.
- Income. To earn at least $500 per week.
All applicants must meet this criteria in order to be eligible to apply. Prospective applicants need to submit their application online. To do so they'll need the following details:
- Identification documents such as their Medicare card or driver's licence
- Their Internet banking details so Fair Go Finance can access the last three months of their bank statements
- A recent payslip
- Their Internet banking details if they're providing their statements through Bank Vision