Fair Go Finance Medium Personal Loan
- Maximum loan amount
- Turnaround time
- Within 24 hours
- Term of loan
- 7 to 19 months
Fair Go Finance offers a medium amount loan from $2,050 to $5,000, with terms up to 19 months. The interest rate is personalised, allowing borrowers with a range of credit histories to apply. Costs include monthly fees, establishment fees and interest charges. The interest rate is high, making this loan expensive. You should only apply in the case of a financial emergency
No penalty for early repayments
Easy repeat borrowing
High loan costs
High fees for borrowing money
|Product Name||Fair Go Finance Medium Personal Loan|
|Minimum loan amount||$2,050|
|Maximum loan amount||$5,000|
|Initial Maximium Loan Amount||$2,050|
|Loan term||7 to 19 months|
|Turnaround time||Within 24 hours|
|Costs||Establishment fee of $437 to $771|
|Requirements||18 years old, a permanent Australian resident and in regular paid employment|
|Available to Centrelink Borrowers?||No|
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support.
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
How does the Fair Go Finance Medium Amount Loan work?
Fair Go Finance offers a medium amount loan from $2,050 to $5,000, with an average loan term of 7 to 19 months. It offers risk based pricing, where your credit profile determines how much you pay in interest. You can get a rate on the lower end of the spectrum if you have a good credit profile, or higher if you have bad credit. The interest rate ranges from 23.31% to 29.90%.
What features does the Fair Go Finance Medium Amount Loan offer?
- Risk based pricing. With risk based pricing, your credit score plays a role in how much interest you pay. With good credit, you can get lower interest and vice versa.
- Medium loan amounts. You can borrow from $2,050 to $5,000 for a variety of personal expenses.
- Terms up to 19 months. Loan terms range from 7 to 19 months
- Fixed repayments. Your repayments are fixed for the duration of the loan term.
- Fast turnaround and application. The application is short and easy to complete. Once your application is approved, you can receive funding in a matter of minutes.
- Free early repayments. You can repay your loan early without penalty.
How much does the Fair Go Finance Medium Amount Loan cost?
The costs associated with this loan include:
- Loan principal
- Interest charges ranging from 23.31% to 29.90%, based on your credit score
- A monthly fee of $10
- Establishment fee of $437 to $771
The comparison rate, which includes interest charges and fees, ranges from 50.05% to 65.88%.
What are the pros and cons of the Fair Go Finance Medium Amount Loan?
- Easy application and quick turnaround. The application is fast and easy and if it's approved, you can receive the funds within minutes.
- Personalised rates. These loans are open to applicants with a range of credit histories. You can get a loan even if your credit history is patchy, although you'll pay more in interest.
- High cost loan. The interest rate for this loan is high, starting from 23.31% p.a. Combined with the fees, it makes for a costly loan.
Am I eligible for this loan?
To be eligible to apply for this loan, you need to be over 18, a permanent Australian resident and have regular paid employment.
How do I apply?
You can apply for the loan online, through the Fair Go Finance website. You will need to provide your driver's licence number or Medicare card number, and bank statements for the last 90 days. Keeping your documents on hand can speed up the process.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
March 28, 2018
Waiting to hear regarding my loan application?
March 28, 2018
Thank you for your comment.
Just a friendly note that you have reached finder. If you are referring to your loan application status at Fair Go Finance, you can directly contact them for an update by phone or through their website’s contact us page.
Show more Show less