Once you try it, you won't go back.
Getting symmetrical winged eyeliner every time is a rare skill many of us have not yet mastered. Not only do you have to somehow create a perfectly straight line, but you then have to repeat it on your other eye!However, thanks to eyeliner stencils, creating the perfect eyeliner has never been easier.
Eyeliner stencils have been around for a while but they've been more recently popularised by celebrity makeup artist Beth Bender. She designed a variety eyeliner stencils that allow you to create your favourite eyeliner look effortlessly, and with professional results every time.
The eyeliner stencil has now been recreated by other beauty brands around the world to help make-up rookies create professional and flawless looks that are always on fleek.
What exactly are they?
Eyeliner stencils are templates created in different shapes to help you apply the perfect eyeliner for your eye. They're usually made from plastic and are held up to the eye to provide a guide when applying liner.
Sometimes an eyeliner stencil will be more like a rule kind of device that you can lean your eyeliner against to create a steady line. But there are also liner stencils that have a cat-eye-shaped cutout that you can hold over your eye, allowing you to colour in the gap with eyeshadow or liner.
There are lots of different variations. You can get different stencils for different eye shapes and for different eyeliner looks. So eyeliner stencils can work for everyone.
Are eyeliner stencils any good?
Yes, they are. Once you've used one it's pretty hard to go back to drawing your eyeliner free hand. Eyeliner stencils are flexible, easy-to-use and made to fit any eye shape and size. Occasionally you'll still get a few smudged but generally a stencil gives you a clean finished look in very little time.
Getting an even and balanced flick on both eyes can take a really long time, for me about 20 minutes. But my liner stencil can give me the same look in about 30 seconds. Talk about a time saver.
Where can you get them?
Eyeliner stencils aren't available at too many stores just yet. But here are some of the stores that I've shopped for mine:
- Beth Bender Beauty: they're a little pricey on this site but each stencil can help you get multiple looks.
- ModelCo: the recent Hailey Baldwin collab included an eyeliner and stencil duo. It's pretty affordable given that you get two products in one.
- eBay: this is a go-to destination for me to find anything in beauty for a good price. There are heaps of stencils on here and they're all rather affordable.
- Amazon: while I've never technically bought an eyeliner stencil on Amazon, the only store does have a well stocked collection.
- Here’s your first look at Jeffree Star’s Summer 18 collection
- What’s inside the Too Faced x Pop & Suki collaboration box?
- Exactly when Manny MUA will reveal beauty line Lunar Beauty
- Tarte Cosmetics has something blooming soon… but what is it?
- Where to buy the Anastasia Beverly Hills Unicorn Dream highlighter glow kit