Giant-slaying action game Extinction looks spectacular in its first gameplay trailer
Could this be the Shadow of the Colossus sequel we've long been waiting for?
Teased back at E3 this year, the hack-and-slash action game Extinction has shown off its large-scale Shadow of the Colossus-esque gameplay in a new trailer.
Developed by Iron Galaxy, the studio behind Divekick and the recent Videoball, Extinction places you in the role of the last Sentinel, the only person capable of taking on the enormous enemies called "ogres" that are hell-bent on destroying humankind. Battling these massive creatures looks to be a blast, involving all sorts of impressive acrobatics and deft use of grappling hooks to clamber up the ogres themselves, cutting them down from atop their backs.
Along with the slick action and the sharp art style, Extinction promises a full-blown story campaign tasking you with rescuing civilians and taking down as many ogres as you can. There'll also be a horde-based extinction mode where you fight wave after wave of ogres and compete for the top score on online leaderboards, which is sure to inspire some impressive YouTube videos, I'd wager.
In other hack-and-slash news, Hand of Fate 2 finally has a release date.
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Everything you need to know
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits
- Where to find the best price on State of Decay 2 in Australia
- Battle Royale: Treyarch says it will “do it best and better than” Fortnite, PUBG