Exclusive: Get 15,000 extra Qantas Points on top of existing card offers
If you haven't earned Qantas Points on a credit card in the last 12 months, here's how to get more points on a new one.
This Finder and Qantas Frequent Flyer exclusive offers you an extra 15,000 Qantas Points on top of existing credit card offers, for a limited time.
This means you could earn up to 165,000 bonus Qantas Points based on the current credit card offers.
How it works
If you haven't earned a point on a Qantas Points-earning credit card in the last 12 months, you can apply for this offer by following these steps.
- Use the offer link on Finder to go to the Qantas registration page.
- Log in to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account and register for this offer by 31 October 2023.
- Wait for a confirmation email from Qantas Frequent Flyer.
- Apply for a new Qantas Points-earning credit card and be approved by the lender you apply with.
- Make a purchase with the card in the first 30 days from approval.
The extra 15,000 Qantas Points will be added to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account after you meet the requirements. Points could take up to 12 weeks to appear.
What to keep in mind
- You need to meet a spend requirement to get bonus points offered by your chosen credit card.
For example, if a card offered 75,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months, you'd earn these points separately from the extra 15,000 Qantas Points.
- This offer is for a limited time.
You'll only get the extra 15,000 Qantas Points if you register for this offer by 31 October 2023.
Is it worth it?
If you're already looking for your first Qantas Points-earning credit card, this offer is a simple way to get an extra 15,000 Qantas Points on top of a card's introductory offer.
With 15,000 Qantas Points, you'd have enough for some domestic flight rewards, including a one-way economy flight between Brisbane and Melbourne (12,000 Qantas Points) or a one-way economy class flight between Sydney and Hobart (12,000 points).
But you can get even more value if you combine these points with a credit card's bonus points offer.
For example, if you got a card that offered 75,000 bonus Qantas Points and this exclusive offer, you'd have a total of 90,000 Qantas Points.
That opens up more international flight options, such as:
- Brisbane to Auckland return in business class for 1 person (83,000 Qantas Points)
- Sydney to Bali (Denpasar) return in economy class for 2 people (81,200 Qantas Points)
- Melbourne to Los Angeles return in economy class for 1 person (83,800 Qantas Points)
Just keep in mind that these flights would also have taxes, fees and carrier charges separate from the point values listed here.
Bottom line? This is a simple way to get 15,000 Qantas Points, which can help you get a reward flight sooner.
Not eligible for this offer or want to earn points through another program? Check out the latest credit card frequent flyer deals.