The Woolworths Rewards loyalty program allows you to earn points for shopping at participating Woolworths supermarkets (including online), BWS, Big W and Caltex or Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets. You can use these points to get money towards your shopping or transfer them to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
Use this guide to find answers for some of the most common questions about Woolworths Rewards so you know exactly what you can get as a member and how to manage your card and your account.
Questions about signing up for Woolworths Rewards
I signed up with a temporary card. How can I transfer points onto a new permanent card?
Follow these steps to register your temporary card:
- Go to woolworthsrewards.com.au.
- Click 'Join' and enter your personal details into the form.
- Provide your card details under the heading 'Now, let's order you a card'.
- Enter your mailing address and click 'Join Woolworths Rewards'.
This will activate your account so that the points earned on your temporary card are added to your rewards balance. Alternatively, you can order a new card at any time by logging into your account, selecting 'My Account' in the top-right corner, then 'Cards & accounts' and 'Order a new card'.
If you don't register your temporary card, it will expire after six months and you'll lose the points you've earned. If you're only using a temporary card, you also can't redeem your points for rewards or access any other member benefits until you get your Woolworths Rewards card.
What do I do if I’ve lost my Woolworths Rewards card?
If your Woolworths Rewards card is lost or stolen, you can order a replacement card online or through the Woolworths Rewards 24/7 phone service on 1300 10 1234.
You can order your replacement card online in the following three steps:
- Login to woolworthsrewards.com.au using your email address or card number.
- Select ‘My Account’ and then ‘Cards & accounts’.
- Follow the prompts to request your replacement card.
Once you’ve ordered your card, it should arrive within 7 days.
Can I order an additional Woolworths Rewards card for my partner and pool the points in one account?
You can order an additional card using the following steps:
- Log in at woolworthsrewards.com.au
- Select 'My Account', then 'Cards & accounts'
- Scroll down to the option for 'Order a new card'
- Select 'Additional card' with your rewards card number from the list
Alternatively, you can request an additional card by calling 1300 10 1234 and following the prompts. You’ll then receive an additional card and keytag with the same barcode as your existing rewards card so that all your points go into one account.
Earning and using Woolworths Rewards points
What are Woolworths Rewards points and how do you earn them?
Woolworths Rewards points are the reward currency of this program. You earn 1 point per $1 spent on eligible purchases when you shop and scan your Woolworths Rewards card at a participating Woolworths supermarkets, Woolworths online, BWS, Big W and at Caltex or Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets. Note that you can't earn Woolworths Rewards points in Tasmania, where there is a separate scheme known as Frequent Shoppers Club (FSC).
What purchases will earn me Woolworths points?
Most items you buy at Woolworths, BWS, Big W and Caltex Woolworths outlets will earn you 1 point per $1 spent, including your petrol spending and everyday supermarket items. But no points will be earned on smoking products, gift cards, mobile recharge, Woolworths Mobile, travel cards and tickets, delivery charges, internet cafes, Carpet Care, lottery products and Woolworths Flowers.
How can I check my Woolworths Rewards balance?
You can view your Woolworths Rewards balance in any of the following ways:
- Log in to your account a woolworthsrewards.com.au. The point balance is displayed on the welcome page and also by clicking on the 'Offers' tab.
- Emails from Woolworths Rewards. Woolworths Rewards sends promotion and account summary emails to each member, which often include an up-to-date summary of your points.
- Shopping receipts. After scanning your card and paying for your shopping at Woolworths (or another participating store), the transaction receipt will show your point balance below the payment details (and above any promotional offers).
- Rewards Hub. Selected Woolworths supermarkets now offer a 'Rewards Hub' terminal where you can scan your card to check your balance. These terminals also let you change your redemption settings and see personalised offers you can take advantage of while you're shopping.
How can I use Woolworths Rewards points?
Once you have earned 2,000 points, you'll have the following reward options:
- Automatic savings. This is the default reward option, which allows you to automatically get $10 off your next shop at Woolworths supermarket, BWS or Big W once you've earned 2,000 Woolworths Rewards points. You can redeem the reward if you $10 or more on eligible purchases in-store or online and scan your card. You won’t be able to get money off your shop through Woolworths Rewards when shopping at Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets.
- Bank for Christmas. If you choose this option, your points will be banked and then made available to you in increments of $10 Woolworths Dollars between 1 December and 31 December each year. As an example, if you earned 10,000 points between 2 January and 30 November, you would get $50 Woolworths Dollars that you could use over the Christmas holiday season.
- Qantas Points. Every 2,000 points you earn will get you 1,000 Qantas Points. Note that your Woolworths Rewards points will be automatically transferred to your linked Qantas Frequent Flyer account every quarter (15 March, June, September and December).
How can I change my Woolworths Rewards preferences?
If you want to bank your points up for Christmas or earn Qantas Points instead of getting $10 off an eligible shop, you can log in to your Woolworths Rewards account, click on 'My Account' and then select 'Redemption settings'. From there, you'll be able to choose your preferred reward option or switch between them.
I forgot to swipe my Woolworths Rewards card at the checkout. Can I still earn rewards points?
If you’ve forgotten to scan your card and would like your points added to your account, you can call the Woolworths Rewards team on 1300 101 234 and ask them to add the base points for a shop. Note that the shop must have been in the previous 7 days and you will need to provide the receipt details along with your Woolworths Rewards account details.
Are there any other perks to joining the Woolworths Rewards program?
The Woolworths Rewards program also provides in-store member offers and exclusive, customised bonus points offers, savings on your favourite products and fuel discounts.
My partner and I have separate Woolworths Rewards accounts. Can we combine our points and continue earning rewards in the one account?
No, you can't share or transfer Woolworths Rewards points that are earned on separate accounts. But you could choose one account and order an additional card so that all future rewards are pooled.
Woolworths Rewards does allow you to link other Rewards cards to your account if you want to share fuel discounts. To do this, log in to your account and go to the 'Cards & accounts' section then link your cards using their individual details.
The Woolworths Rewards and Qantas Frequent Flyer partnership
How does the Woolworths Rewards and Qantas Frequent Flyer partnership work?
Once you've earned 2,000 Woolworths Rewards, they will automatically be converted to 1,000 Qantas Points and appear in your account within 24 hours. You must be a current Qantas Frequent Flyer member and your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership must be linked to your Woolworths Rewards account.
You can do this by logging in to your Woolworths Rewards account, selecting 'My Account' and 'Cards & accounts', then entering your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership details. Alternatively, you can call 1300 10 1234 and select option 1 (8am–8pm on weekdays, 9am–5pm on weekends).
How many Qantas Points can I earn at Woolworths?
You can use this calculator to see the number of frequent flyer points you'll earn with Woolworths Rewards based on how much you spend at partnered merchants. Just enter how much you usually spend at Woolworths, BWS or Caltex Woolworths outlets to see details of your weekly and yearly rewards.
How can I update my Woolworths Rewards preferences to earn Qantas Points?
Your Woolworths Rewards account will be set up for the 'automatic savings' option by default. You can change your preferences by following the steps below.
- Log in to your account at woolworthsrewards.com.au.
- Select 'My Account' followed by 'Redemption Settings'.
- Click on 'Convert to Qantas Points' and follow the prompts to update your preferences.
You can also use these steps to change your preference back to earning Woolworths Rewards points, or to bank them up for Christmas.
Woolworths Rewards and Woolworths credit cards
Can I earn Woolworths Rewards with a Woolworths credit card?
A Woolworths credit card can double as your Woolworths Rewards membership card, with your membership barcode printed on the back, near the signature panel. This means you can scan the back of your Woolworths credit card before you pay to earn Woolworths Rewards points at participating stores.
Do Woolworths credit cards offer other rewards?
Woolworths offers two credit cards that points per $1 spent on eligible purchases you make anywhere these cards are accepted. The Woolworths Qantas Platinum offers 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent at Woolworths Group stores and 0.5 per $1 spent on other eligible purchases, uncapped.
Meanwhile, the Woolworths Everyday Platinum earns between 1 and 3 credit card points per $1 spent on eligible purchases. These points are automatically converted into Woolworths Shopping Cards every four months, which you can use to pay for shopping at participating Woolworths group stores.
What's the difference between Woolworths Rewards and Woolworths Everyday Rewards?
Previously, this rewards program was known as Woolworths Everyday Rewards. But between October 2015 and August 2016, it went through some changes. In 2015, Woolworths changed the Everyday Rewards program to Woolworths Rewards. The updated scheme allowed you to get money off your shopping with the supermarket giant by earning Woolworths Dollars on selected items. It also scrapped the option of earning Qantas Points for eligible spending.
Following that change and feedback from customers, Woolworths updated the program again on 31 August 2016. The current program offers 1 point per $1 spent at Woolworths, BWS, Big W and at participating Caltex or Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets. You then have the option of automatically redeeming points for money off your shopping, saving them up, or converting them to Qantas Points.
How does Woolworths Everyday Rewards compare to Woolworths Rewards?
|Features||Woolworths Everyday Rewards (Old)||Woolworths Rewards as of 31 August 2016|
|Point accumulation system||For every dollar you would spend over $30, you got one bonus Frequent Flyer or Everyday Rewards point.||You earn 1 point per $1 spent in store and online at Woolworths, BWS, Big W and Woolworths Caltex co-branded fuel outlets (excluding Tasmania, Star Mart and Star Shop).|
|Minimum spend||$30||No minimum spend.|
|Redemption of rewards||You had to choose your reward or redemption setting online.||Choose between automatic dollars off your shopping, saving up Woolworths Dollars or converting to Qantas points the three options online.|
|Qantas Frequent Flyer points||You would earn one Qantas Frequent Flyer point for each dollar you spent over $30 in one transaction.||Convert your Woolworths Rewards into Qantas points. You can exchange 2,000 Woolworths Rewards for 1,000 Qantas Points.|
|Fuel savings||Get a 4c per litre discount on your next fuel purchase when you spend $30 or more in a transaction at a participating Caltex Woolworths co-branded fuel outlet.|
|Fuel/Qantas tie-up||You earned two Qantas points per litre of fuel purchased at Caltex/Woolworths fuel outlets.||You can earn Woolworths points per $1 spent at participating Caltex Woolworths co-branded fuel outlets (excluding Tasmania, Star Mart and Star Shop).|
|Tasmanian customers||You were not eligible to enrol in Woolworths Everyday Rewards and had to join the Frequent Shopper Club.||You can enrol in Woolworths Rewards to earn fuel discounts, but not Woolworths Dollars or points. You also will not receive any other benefits in any Tasmanian Woolworths supermarkets or BWS stores.|
* Table details current as of 1 April 2016
What are Woolworths Dollars?
Woolworths Dollars refer to the savings you'll get at the checkout when you redeem your Woolworths Points for money off your shop. 2,000 Woolworths Rewards points is equal to 10 Woolworths Dollars.
If you regularly shop at Woolworths, BWS, Big W or Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets, the Woolworths Rewards program gives you a way to get more benefits from your spending. But as this program has gone through many changes, it's useful to read up on details and frequently asked questions. If you still want to know more, you can read our guide on the current Woolworths Rewards program or leave us a comment below.Back to top
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.