Full-service flights to the UK have dipped down to $931 return
Well, what are you waiting for? Those craggy castles and emerald isles are waiting.
Been suffering from FOMO seeing all your mates hailing the sunshine in Europe? Now it's your turn to shine with these heavily discounted flights.
They start at $931 return and take you to Dublin on the prestigious Etihad Airways or Qatar Airways. There's a mix of autumn and winter dates to travel in so you can catch those final rays of sunshine in October and November or have yourself a magical Christmas in early December. Flights in late-January and throughout February are also available if you'd prefer to travel during a quieter season.
Starting fares are as follows:
- Melbourne to Dublin from $931 return (Etihad)
- Sydney to Dublin from $933 return (Etihad)
- Perth to Dublin from $985 return (Qatar)
- Adelaide to Dublin from $994 return (Qatar)
We know what you're thinking: where can I book? We found these prices on Aunt Betty.
These fares aren't part of a particular sale and are available only until sold out.
How good are these Dublin flights?
- Price: Great. Dublin is one of the cheapest destinations in the UK to get to from Australia often falling at or close to $1,000 return. At $931 return, these are some of the cheapest starting fares we've caught all year.
- Airline: Great. Both Qatar and Etihad are full-service airlines. In fact, Qatar is the world's best airline according to Skytrax.
- Frequent Flyer Points: You can earn QMiles and Etihad Guest miles, respectively, when you book these flights.
- Travel time: Good. All flights include stopovers. The first in the airline's home base and the second, most likely, in London.
- Weather: OK. You'd do best to catch the warm autumn weather in September and October as things start to cool down dramatically in November. If you're seeking snow or are a teacher making the most of the Christmas break, those December and January dates could work for you.
- Qantas sets date for international flights to US, UK, Fiji and more
- Virgin Australia VA-X and Win competition: All the details
- How I used Qantas Points to see Antarctica (as nowhere else is open)
- NSW Dine and Discover vouchers extended: Best ways to use yours now
- The 5 best Flight Centre EOFY travel deals