– a program to help lodge your tax return

If you’re wondering ‘how do I complete my tax return?’ then a company called might be your answer. They’ve been providing tax service to Australians for over 35 years. has been providing a tax service to Australians for over 35 years, and has provided an online service since 1998. They offer a range of tax services and expertise to a range of users, and have an online tax calculator that should make it easy to see if you’re eligible for a return. They have tax advisors ready to help you live and suggest that it can take as little as 15 minute to reclaim your tax.

What benefits are there to using

  • Entirely online.
  • Free tax calculator.
  • Apps available for iPhone, iPad or Mac.
  • Help available in seven languages.
  • Yearly competition to win $10,000.
  • Help available online or over telephone.
  • Fully registered Australian Tax Agent.

How do I get for my Macbook?

If you’re a Mac user and want to complete your tax online then have got your covered. They offer an Apple friendly online service, that is easily accessed from their home page. Simply head over to their website on the links provided. In the top right hand corner you’ll see two options:

  • Get started now
  • Existing users login

If you’re a new user click ‘Get started now’, or if you’ve used the service before click ‘Existing users login’, and you’ll be taken to the entry screen.

  • New users - You’ll be asked to create a secure account by adding your name, email address and creating a password. After completing this you can begin filling in your return for the relevant year and using the service that you prefer.
  • Existing users - You’ll be asked to login using your email address or Tax File Number and your password. And if you’ve forgotten your login info, don’t worry, there is a link at the bottom of the page that will help you recover your information.
Back to top

Which occupations can use

eTax have services to cater to a range of individual and business services, covering a wide range of occupations, including:

  • Tradespeople
  • Salespeople
  • Sole traders
  • Retail clerks
  • Teachers
  • Police
  • Nurses
  • Bookkeepers
  • Software developers
  • Managers
  • Cleaners
  • Builders
  • Health professionals
  • Defence forces personnel
Back to top

Is there a difference between and the Australian Tax Office’s E-Tax?

The service should not be confused with the ATO E-tax software. is a private company, while ATO E-tax is part of the Australian Taxation Office service. It should be noted that as of 2016, the E-tax software has been retired and replaced with the browser-based myTax. A few of the major differences are listed below: serviceATO E-tax service
Assistance from tax professionalsSoftware to complete your own return
Available through online portalMust be downloaded onto your computer
Available on computers, tablets and smart phonesAvailable on PC or Mac only
Professionally checked to ensure maximum refundNo professional checks provided
Back to top

What kind of tax returns can I lodge?

  • Personal tax returns
  • Rental properties tax
  • Family tax benefits
  • Fringe benefits tax
  • Capital gains tax
  • Partnership tax returns
  • Company tax returns
  • Trusts
  • Business activity statements
  • Previous years’ tax returns
  • Amended tax returns
  • Late tax returns back to 2001
Back to top

What languages are available on

  • English
  • Mandarin
  • Cantonese
  • Japanese
  • Taiyu (Taiwanese dialect)
  • Hokkien (Chinese dialect)
  • Bahasa Melayu (Malayan dialect)
Back to top

Frequently asked questions

This article discusses - a tax service available to Australians with over 35 years experience. It is different to the official ATO E-tax software. Committing to a Statement of Advice (SOA) is an individual decision and users can also opt for service from other Tax Return Specialists as per their requirements and interest. Users are also requested to read all terms and conditions carefully before committing to any of Tax Specialist Service.

Was this content helpful to you? No  Yes

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Privacy & Cookies Policy and Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy.

4 Responses

  1. Default Gravatar
    JasonOctober 17, 2017

    Hi, I am looking for tax agent to submit my additional tax.

    1. I had submitted my personal tax (permanent job).
    2. Had earned just around $700 in Jun-July2017 from UberEat (food delivery service only). registered an ABN number but how can I declare tax on this?
    3. Please quote me the cost to engage your service.

    Thank you

    • finder Customer Care
      HaroldOctober 17, 2017Staff

      Hi Jason,

      Thank you for your inquiry.

      You can check on this page the listings of professional tax accountant / agent.

      I hope this information has helped.


  2. Default Gravatar
    SolitaireMarch 27, 2016

    I’ve missed the cut off dead line for personal tax return in October 2015. If I were to use an accountant or etax service, is there an extension to this date?

    • finder Customer Care
      ShirleyMarch 29, 2016Staff

      Hi Solitaire,

      Thanks for your question.

      No there is no extension to this date if you use an accountant or etax. However, your accountant can deal with the ATO on your behalf.

Ask a question
Go to site