What is Etax?
Etax offers an online tax return service for Australians. The tax agents at Etax are qualified, experienced tax agents who understand the ins and outs of the tax system. Its expert accountants will not only help you complete your tax return and ensure you meet all your legal requirements, but they'll also help maximise your refund by looking for any additional deductions you're eligible to claim.
The process is entirely online, so you won't need to make an appointment or worry about travelling to a tax agent's office or branch to complete your return. It's quick and easy, with most customers completing their tax return in minutes.
Benefits of using Etax to complete your tax return
- Entirely online, so you don't have to leave the couch
- Fast and easy to use via desktop, mobile or over the phone
- Qualified tax experts offer support via live chat while you complete your tax return
- Etax looks for any additional deductions you can claim, to maximise your return
- Etax lodges your tax return directly with the ATO
- Check the progress of your refund
- Do previous years' tax returns
- Free tax calculator.
- Help available in seven languages.
- Fully registered Australian Tax Agent.
What type of tax returns can I compete with Etax?
- Personal tax returns including salary and wages
- Rental properties and capital gains tax
- Sole trader tax returns
- Home business tax returns
- Family tax benefits and fringe benefits tax
- Outstanding tax returns for previous years
Fees to complete your tax return with Etax
Tax return type
|Classic tax returns||From 64.90|
|Fast tax returns||From $68.90|
|Low income tax returns||From $38.50|
|Business tax returns (most sole traders will not need a business tax return)||From $167.90|
|Overdue prior-year tax returns||From $95.90|
|Basic tax deductions , capital gains tax and employee termination payment||Free with return|
|Fringe benefit tax||$24.90|
|Rental schedules||$24.90 for the first, $9.90 for any additional|
Follow these steps to complete your tax return with Etax
Visit Etax online. Visit the etax.com.au website and click "Start now".
Complete your tax return online. The Etax prefill feature will populate a lot of the necessary details for you using your tax file number, saving you time. You'll need to fill in the blanks including any deductions you wish to claim and any additional income that's not already populated on your form. Etax offers live chat support through the process, so you can ask any questions you're not sure on.
Etax will review your return. The tax specialists will review your tax return and look for any additional deductions you're eligible to claim. A second tax specialist will then review it and ensure it meets all the ATO's compliance and legal requirements.
Tax return lodged. Etax will lodge your completed tax return directly with the ATO on your behalf.
What languages are available?
- Taiyu (Taiwanese dialect)
- Hokkien (Chinese dialect)
- Bahasa Melayu (Malayan dialect)
Frequently asked questions
This article discusses etax.com.au - a tax service available to Australians with over 35 years experience. It is different to the official ATO E-tax software. Committing to a Statement of Advice (SOA) is an individual decision and users can also opt for service from other Tax Return Specialists as per their requirements and interest. Users are also requested to read all terms and conditions carefully before committing to any of Tax Specialist Service.