If you’re wondering ‘how do I complete my tax return?’ then a company called etax.com.au might be your answer. They’ve been providing tax service to Australians for over 35 years.
etax.com.au has been providing a tax service to Australians for over 35 years, and has provided an online service since 1998. They offer a range of tax services and expertise to a range of users, and have an online tax calculator that should make it easy to see if you’re eligible for a return. They have tax advisors ready to help you live and suggest that it can take as little as 15 minute to reclaim your tax.
What benefits are there to using etax.com.au?
- Entirely online.
- Free tax calculator.
- Apps available for iPhone, iPad or Mac.
- Help available in seven languages.
- Yearly competition to win $10,000.
- Help available online or over telephone.
- Fully registered Australian Tax Agent.
How do I get etax.com.au for my Macbook?
If you’re a Mac user and want to complete your tax online then etax.com.au have got your covered. They offer an Apple friendly online service, that is easily accessed from their home page. Simply head over to their website on the links provided. In the top right hand corner you’ll see two options:
- Get started now
- Existing users login
If you’re a new user click ‘Get started now’, or if you’ve used the service before click ‘Existing users login’, and you’ll be taken to the entry screen.
- New users - You’ll be asked to create a secure account by adding your name, email address and creating a password. After completing this you can begin filling in your return for the relevant year and using the service that you prefer.
- Existing users - You’ll be asked to login using your email address or Tax File Number and your password. And if you’ve forgotten your login info, don’t worry, there is a link at the bottom of the page that will help you recover your information.
Which occupations can use etax.com.au?
eTax have services to cater to a range of individual and business services, covering a wide range of occupations, including:
- Sole traders
- Retail clerks
- Software developers
- Health professionals
- Defence forces personnel
Is there a difference between etax.com.au and the Australian Tax Office’s E-Tax?
The etax.com.au service should not be confused with the ATO E-tax software. etax.com.au is a private company, while ATO E-tax is part of the Australian Taxation Office service. It should be noted that as of 2016, the E-tax software has been retired and replaced with the browser-based myTax. A few of the major differences are listed below:
|etax.com.au service||ATO E-tax service|
|Assistance from tax professionals||Software to complete your own return|
|Available through online portal||Must be downloaded onto your computer|
|Available on computers, tablets and smart phones||Available on PC or Mac only|
|Professionally checked to ensure maximum refund||No professional checks provided|
What kind of tax returns can I lodge?
- Personal tax returns
- Rental properties tax
- Family tax benefits
- Fringe benefits tax
- Capital gains tax
- Partnership tax returns
- Company tax returns
- Business activity statements
- Previous years’ tax returns
- Amended tax returns
- Late tax returns back to 2001
What languages are available on etax.com.au?
- Taiyu (Taiwanese dialect)
- Hokkien (Chinese dialect)
- Bahasa Melayu (Malayan dialect)
What's trending right now with tax?
Frequently asked questions
This article discusses etax.com.au - a tax service available to Australians with over 35 years experience. It is different to the official ATO E-tax software. Committing to a Statement of Advice (SOA) is an individual decision and users can also opt for service from other Tax Return Specialists as per their requirements and interest. Users are also requested to read all terms and conditions carefully before committing to any of Tax Specialist Service.