Escape to Europe from just $1,065 return with latest Etihad flight sale
5-star flights plus a free stopover in Abu Dhabi.
It seems this week is the battle of the European sales. First, we had Emirates' Early Bird sale and now Etihad Airways is throwing its hat in the ring with its new Global Sale.
We're not sure about you, but we reckon Etihad has the better deal here. Firstly, you've got a lower starting fare of $1,065 return from Sydney to Dublin.
And secondly, you get to take advantage of Etihad's Free Stopover promotion and score a free two-night stopover in Abu Dhabi with your hotel stay covered.
Here are some of the highlights of the sale, all return fares:
- Melbourne to Manchester from $1,159
- Sydney to Athens from $1,220
- Brisbane to Abu Dhabi $1,226
- Sydney to Madrid from $1,250
- Melbourne to Paris from $1,301
- Sydney to Beirut from $1,320
- Brisbane to Milan from $1,343
Travel includes select dates from 1 October 2019 to 20 June 2020 giving you a nice selection of last-minute dates and European spring dates to choose from. Or why not head over there for a white Christmas?
Ready to book? If you think Etihad is the clear winner here, then zip over to Etihad Airways' website to book your tickets. You've only got until the sale ends on 20 September 2019 or as long as seats last.
How good are these Etihad fares?
- Price: Great. Compared to Emirates' sale, you're saving $274 on the starting route of Sydney to Dublin. Most routes are cheaper when comparing the two, plus, there are lots more destinations on offer.
- Airline: Great. Etihad is a 5-star airline which means your checked bags, in-flight meals and entertainment are included in your fare.
- Frequent Flyer Points: Etihad is partnered with Virgin Velocity and you stand to earn 0.25 to 4 Velocity points per mile when you fly with it.
- Travel time: Good. All flights include a stopover in Abu Dhabi which you can turn into a free second holiday with Etihad's free stopover promo.
- Weather: Great. You've got your choice of last-minute dates, European winter months and spring. Aim for travel in either October or March to June for our recommended time to travel to Europe.
- UPDATED: What to know about the Tasmanian border reopening
- Klook’s new tour brings a taste of Europe to the Hunter Valley: Here’s our review
- Queensland reopens its borders to NSW: Here’s what you need to know
- Review: What to expect from the Madame Tussauds Sydney TikTok challenge
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?