EPOS | Sennheiser ADAPT 560 Bluetooth headset review
- Excellent mic audio
- Dedicated call controls on the headset are useful for on-the-go professionals
- Easy to travel with thanks to its light and compact design
- Very expensive for what you get
- Audio quality is sub-par
- Active noise cancellation is lacklustre
EPOS is a relatively new name on the audio scene. Established in 2019, the EPOS brand encompasses the enterprise and gaming segments of Sennheiser Communications, previously responsible for headsets like the Sennheiser GSP 370.
Sennheiser spent two decades producing high-end audio equipment for both home and office environments, and now EPOS is doing the same. The EPOS | Sennheiser ADAPT 560 Bluetooth headset occupies the enterprise bucket, promising clear and reliable call audio for folks who spend a lot of time in online meetings, video conferences and voice chat with clients, customers and colleagues.
For all its pedigree, however, the ADAPT 560 fails to deliver value worthy of its hefty price tag.
- Light and compact design is great for working on the go
- Soft ear cushions maintain comfort for all-day use
- On-ear design is less stable than over-ear headsets
- Mediocre audio quality doesn't live up to the hefty price tag
- Mic quality, on the other hand, is excellent
- Active noise cancellation is lacklustre at best
- On-ear controls let you manage calls quickly and easily, even when you're on the move
- Support for simultaneous device connections is a boon for multi-taskers
- Lack of software-level customisation is an odd omission
Should you buy the EPOS | Sennheiser ADAPT 560?
- Buy it if on-ear call controls are worth $480 to you
- Don't buy it if you prioritise value or want a headset suitable for more than just basic voice calls
It's hard to recommend the EPOS | Sennheiser ADAPT 560 Bluetooth headset. Crisp mic audio and handy on-ear call controls struggle to offset its middling sound quality, feeble noise cancellation and steep price tag.
There are plenty of cheaper headsets out there that offer superior features and performance, both in the enterprise arena and the gaming headset space.
Pricing and availability
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked