Find out how to save money by taking advantage of end of financial year sales on cars.
Special deals on cars always pop up during the end of the financial year (EOFY), as car dealers clear their outdated stock to meet their yearly sales targets. Shopping at EOFY sales can save you money, as this is the time when car distributors and dealers give customers special deals as an incentive to achieve better car sales before they close their books for the year.
This guide will take you through how to sales work and list a few bargains you can pick up this year.
EOFY car sales roundup
A selection of EOFY year deals
Holden Astra Hatch R Manual
|81.20%||from $19,990||Read Review|
Holden Colorado LS 4x4 Crew Cab Pickup Manual
|80.00%||from $39,990||Read Review|
Holden Commodore Liftback LT Turbo Petrol
Honda Civic Hatch
|76.20%||from $24,990||Read Review|
Kia Sorento Si
Kia Cerato S
Toyota RAV4 2WD GX
Toyota HiLux 4x2 WorkMate
Toyota Corolla Ascent Sedan
Volkswagen Amarok Core 4x4 Dual Cab
|85.00%||from $41,990||Read Review|
Volkswagen New Polo 70TSI Trendline
|82.60%||from $17,990||Read Review|
|82.00%||from $23,990||Read Review|
- Rates from 5.29% p.a.
- Loan terms 1-10 years
- Fast approval
100% confidential application
Stratton Finance New Car Loan Offer
Apply for Stratton Finance Car Loan for purchasing a new car and enjoy a great fixed interest rate.
- Interest rate from: 5.29% p.a.
- Comparison rate: 6.56% p.a.
- Interest rate type: Fixed
- Application fee: $459.20
- Minimum loan amount: $18,000
- Maximum loan amount: $100,000
EOFYS car loans you can apply for
How to bargain for a better deal during EOFY
EOFY car sales present a unique opportunity to purchase cars at reduced prices, as dealers battle to attract more customers before the close of the year. Purchasing a new car during these sales gives you a genuine opportunity to save money and get a great deal.
As lucrative as it may be, getting a great bargain on EOFY sales can be a daunting task, as the period is usually hectic. To ensure you get in on the act and enjoy great bargains on cars, take time to compare personal car loans from different lenders, so that you get one that suits your finances. During the close of the year, lenders are also desperate to hit their yearly credit targets, meaning that you can get a car loan with reduced interest rates even with a credit rating that is not so great. With your low-interest motor vehicle financing, your will be well positioned to take advantage of end year deals from car dealers and get a business vehicle such as a truck or SUV, or a personal car for lowered prices.
How to save money when buying a car during EOFY
The main reason why people jump at EOFY sales is to save as much as possible on a car purchase. Keep the following tricks in mind to make sure you get the best deal during the sales:
- Terms and conditions. Some car dealers are not very transparent about the real price of the car they are advertising. In order to ensure you get a good deal, be sure to read through the fine print on the car advertisement to ensure the car you are buying is the right car for you.
- Pick and choose features. Extra features on prestige car models can raise retail price significantly, so you can ask for certain features you may not need to be dropped in an effort to bring the cost of the car down.
- Cost of delivery. Delivery fees should also be considered carefully when buying a car because they can raise the price despite the dealer offering discount deals on on-road costs.
- Deals and packages. If you find a dealer offering competitive rates, you can save more by taking advantage of this, especially if the rates are offered as part of a lucrative overall package. However in most cases, it may be better to use your financial institution to source for affordable car finance to use during EOFY sales.
- Consider pre-approval. If you're looking to secure finance for your car purchase, you might want to look into getting pre-approved for your loan. Pre-approval can give you the upper hand in the sale as you'll know how much you have to spend and have more bargaining power. Find out more about pre-approval by reading our guide.