Enigma (ENG) launches data marketplace with curated data sets now available
The Enigma data marketplace has been launched on an Ethereum testnet and seeded with crypto data sets.
Enigma (ENG) has launched its data marketplace on an Ethereum testnet and seeded it with some trading information to get things started. The marketplace itself is powered by ENG tokens which are used to purchase data subscriptions.
At the moment, the marketplace is designed to serve the Enigma Catalyst data analysis system for cryptocurrency trading and investment, and the seed data is geared towards this.
"At a high level, Enigma is creating a decentralized data marketplace that allows people, companies and organizations to contribute data, which users of the system can then subscribe to and consume. In the Enigma Data Marketplace, these subscriptions are handled in a decentralized manner through the use of smart contracts," writes the Enigma team in an announcement.
"When fully deployed on the mainnet, this will mark the completion of Phase 1 on the Enigma roadmap. Alongside this launch, we are also making some initial community-curated data sets available for our more than 17,000 Catalyst users in order to seed the marketplace."
The data currently available includes the following:
- Daily Github activity for the top 200 cryptocurrency assets
- Cryptoasset market cap in USD
- Volume of activity in the official Slack group of a given asset
- Volume of activity in the official Telegram group of a given asset
- Trading volume, broken down by asset and exchange
All of the currently available data is updated daily.
Going forwards, Enigma might now be able to provide opportunities for data buyers, sellers and users.
What is Enigma?
Enigma (ENG) is a data marketplace cryptocurrency. Users can purchase data sets on a subscription model. One of its main features is the ability to run computations of data sets without actually disclosing that data.
The Enigma Catalyst system is a data marketplace specifically for cryptocurrency assets and is geared towards providing tools for speculators.
- Australian crypto exchange plans legal action against NAB for account closures
- Alleged IOTA fake seed generator thief arrested a year later
- VanEck-SolidX bitcoin ETF proposal temporarily withdrawn
- Cryptocurrency is down, so why are sophisticated investors buying?
- Why bitcoin is doomed by its own economics, according to BIS
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN and XLM