Get the perfect engagement gift that's suited just for the happy couple-to-be.
We've got a host of ideas that you can treat the couple-to-be to: Something-new gift for their home together, a something-different experience they can share or even a something-bubbly bottle of celebratory sparkling.
Browse through our top picks on what to bring along to the party below.
A couple things to consider when buying an engagement gift:
- Are you attending the wedding as well? Not all engagement party invitees will also swing an invitation to the wedding. If you think you’ll be going to both, you might want to set aside some funds for a second present.
- Does the couple already live together, or will they be starting a new home? If they'll be starting in a fresh place, consider gifting them something they'll be able to use when they settle in to quickly turn their new house into a home.
Top gift ideas to buy your newly engaged friends
Use one of these coupon codes or deals to save money on your engagement party gift
Show code & visit siteLU****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteFI****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteIN****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
How to choose the best present for an engagement party
Choosing the perfect engagement party gift can be stressful. Keep it easy by following these simple guidelines and you can spend less time worrying about what to bring and more time actually enjoying yourself at the party.
Keep it simple and to the point: It doesn’t have to be expensive. Something simple and personalised will be just as welcomed by the happy couple as anything else. Think of an engagement gift as a entree and the wedding gift as the main meal. Don’t go overboard, or you won’t have room for the main event.
Think of a group gift: Have a great idea for something, but can’t quite afford it? Gather your mates and pool your funds together. Bonus points: they’ll be extra grateful that you took the lead on this.
Inject some creativity: There’s nothing wrong with going off the registry if you have an amazing idea for a more personal gift. If you’ve been friends with someone for years, chances are you’ve thought of something they’ll love that’s never even crossed their minds!
Engagement party gifts etiquette: Like everything else surrounding weddings, there’s a certain etiquette involved. Whether or not you follow it is up to you, but our advice is to judge it based on how traditional the couple is.
- Maintain simplicity. This is an engagement gift, not a wedding gift. You don’t have to go over the top – a nice bunch of flowers goes a long way.
- Ask for a registry. It’s not uncommon for couples to have a registry for their engagement party, as well as their wedding. Registries might feel impersonal, but at least you know you’re giving the happy couple exactly what they want!
- Maintain a positive attitude. Even if you’re the only person bringing the happy couple an engagement gift, don’t feel embarrassed! You’ll be their favourite guest by far and you’ll definitely score an invite to the wedding. Thoughtfulness never goes unappreciated.