Get the perfect engagement gift that's suited just for the happy couple-to-be.
We've got a host of ideas that you can treat the couple-to-be to: Something-new gift for their home together, a something-different experience they can share or even a something-bubbly bottle of celebratory sparkling.
Browse through our top picks on what to bring along to the party below.
A couple things to consider when buying an engagement gift:
- Are you attending the wedding as well? Not all engagement party invitees will also swing an invitation to the wedding. If you think you’ll be going to both, you might want to set aside some funds for a second present.
- Does the couple already live together, or will they be starting a new home? If they'll be starting in a fresh place, consider gifting them something they'll be able to use when they settle in to quickly turn their new house into a home.
Top gift ideas to buy your newly engaged friends
Penfolds Bin 128 Shiraz 2014
Shakespeare Quote Wall Art
Kate spade new york 'gardner street' toasting flutes (Set of 2)
Emily Brontë Printable Artwork
Kate spade new york 'take the cake' frame
Wedding Planning Diary on Etsy
Penfolds Bin 311 Chardonnay
The Cook's Companion: The Complete Book of Ingredients and Recipes for the Australian Kitchen
Angus & Robertson
The Travel Book: A Journey Through Every Country in the World
Angus & Robertson
Personalised Love Print on Etsy
Wedding Planner, Guide, Journal & Notebook from myLittleWeddingBook shop on Etsy
Trio Of France - Wine Hamper
Moet & Chandon NV - Wine Hamper
Luxury Chandon Chocolate Bouquet
Luxury Chocolate Bloom
Penfolds St Henri Shiraz 2013
Soon To Be Mrs Personalized Mug- Bride To Be Engagement Gift from ilulily shop on Etsy
Personalised Chopping Board Engagement Gift
Penfolds Bin 407 Cabernet Sauvignon 2014
Couple Photoshoot and Makeover
The Wedding Planner & Organizer
The Book Depository
Modern 6 Course Tasting Menu with Sparkling for 2
Dom Pérignon Brut Vintage
Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label
Penfolds Bin 389 Cabernet Shiraz
Bali Holiday Packages (from $661 pp)
Love You to the Moon and Back Stars Pattern
Monogamy: A Hot Affair Game
Mac n Cheese Pillow
Maggie's Harvest Cookbook
The Book Depository
Willow Tree Figurine - Together
The Cranes Bath Towel
Use one of these coupon codes or deals to save money on your engagement party gift
Popular Gifts - Category coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|29 Jan 2017||Lunar New Year gift on orders over $125||LUN****|
|30 Aug 2018||2-for-1 experiences and activities||********|
|8 Oct 2018||Discover a wide range of gift cards||********|
|22 Aug 2018||58% Off MEASY wireless keyboard + Free shipping||********|
How to choose the best present for an engagement party
Choosing the perfect engagement party gift can be stressful. Keep it easy by following these simple guidelines and you can spend less time worrying about what to bring and more time actually enjoying yourself at the party.
Keep it simple and to the point: It doesn’t have to be expensive. Something simple and personalised will be just as welcomed by the happy couple as anything else. Think of an engagement gift as a entree and the wedding gift as the main meal. Don’t go overboard, or you won’t have room for the main event.
Think of a group gift: Have a great idea for something, but can’t quite afford it? Gather your mates and pool your funds together. Bonus points: they’ll be extra grateful that you took the lead on this.
Inject some creativity: There’s nothing wrong with going off the registry if you have an amazing idea for a more personal gift. If you’ve been friends with someone for years, chances are you’ve thought of something they’ll love that’s never even crossed their minds!
Engagement party gifts etiquette: Like everything else surrounding weddings, there’s a certain etiquette involved. Whether or not you follow it is up to you, but our advice is to judge it based on how traditional the couple is.
- Maintain simplicity. This is an engagement gift, not a wedding gift. You don’t have to go over the top – a nice bunch of flowers goes a long way.
- Ask for a registry. It’s not uncommon for couples to have a registry for their engagement party, as well as their wedding. Registries might feel impersonal, but at least you know you’re giving the happy couple exactly what they want!
- Maintain a positive attitude. Even if you’re the only person bringing the happy couple an engagement gift, don’t feel embarrassed! You’ll be their favourite guest by far and you’ll definitely score an invite to the wedding. Thoughtfulness never goes unappreciated.