Dodo has a prodigious lineup of services, including individualised contracts for gas provision.
- What utilities does Dodo offer?
- Who can sign up with Dodo?
- Dodo Power is available to residents of NSW, VIC, QLD and SA
- Dodo Gas is available to residents of NSW and VIC
Dodo was started in 2001 as a small internet providing group. Since then they have grown to become a dominant force in other sectors including electricity and gas provision. In 2013 they were purchased by an energy conglomerate, M2. Dodo offers electricity to consumers in Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia, Queensland, and the ACT; residential gas only in Victoria and New South Wales.
Who is Dodo?
Dodo provides energy and gas options to both residential and business clients. As well as energy utilities, Dodo provides a variety of other services including telco (internet and mobile) and insurance. Dodo makes it easy to switch online, though the process is sped along if you have your previous energy bill at hand.
Packages offered by Dodo
Dodo does not offer specific packages, but rather individualised quotes for each customer. To find out which plan might suit your home or your business, you can visit Dodo’s energy signup page where they will gather the following information: how often you would like to pay, your concession status, your peak electricity usage/day, and your solar power systems.Back to top
Could you switch to Dodo gas?
Dodo only offers gas to residents and businesses in Victoria and New South Wales. However, their electricity and non-energy services are more widespread. Pros and cons of Dodo
Pros and cons of Dodo gas
- No lock-in contracts.
- Victoria only: Bundled deals if customers purchase Dodo electricity and gas.
- Flexible payment points: weekly, fortnightly, monthly.
- Offers state-based concessions.
- Under some plans, electricity from 6—7am is free.
- Limited service areas
- Unclear features of contract until you are quoted.