End of Financial Year (EOFY) Sales 2023: Start date, early deals [Updated]
Start planning your shopping list now because the next big sales event is right around the corner.
The End of Financial Year Sale (fondly abbreviated to EOFY Sale) has come around again.
We know what you're thinking: where has the year gone?
Whether you've been delaying buying that big ticket item or simply want to stock up on essentials for the year ahead, now's your chance to snap it up for a steal.
Here's the nitty gritty on this year's event so you can get the most bang for your hard-earned buck.
Best early End of Financial Year Sales
Who says you must wait until June to start shopping the EOFY sales? Not these stores! Here are some outstanding deals you can shop right now.
Healthy Choice 25L 1700W French Door Digital Air Fryer Convection Oven for $189 |
$299.95 $189 (save $110.95)
Change the way you cook with a Healthy Choice air fryer. It boasts 18 pre-set cooking programs and can toast, roast and bake using minimal oil. Buy it now for under $200.
When do End of Financial Year sales start?
End of Financial Year sales can start at any time. Typically though they crop up at the beginning of June and finish on 30 June to coincide with the end of the tax year.
When do EOFY sales end?
Most sales end by 30 June 2023.
What is the End of Financial Year Sales and why so business have them?
Short for End of Financial Year, EOFY is a time when businesses slash prices to clear their shelves of old stock.
This helps make room for the next season's stock while reducing the workload during stocktake and improving the accuracy of the business' tax reporting.
Often synonymous with whitegoods and cars, the End of Financial Year sales stretches across everything from homewares and furniture to fashion and beauty.
For anyone who has a home office or business, it's a popular time to purchase work-related items such as desks, chairs and electronics, to claim on your tax return.
Which stores are having End of Financial Year Sales in 2023?
Only a small handful of stores have kicked off their End of Financial Sale early.
If they're not what you're after these stores had EOFY Sales in 2022 and will likely have them again this year.
Tech stores that had EOFY sales in 2022
Home and appliance stores that had EOFY sales in 2022
- Appliances Online
- David Jones
- Emma Sleep
- Bed Bath N' Table
Fashion stores that had EOFY sales in 2022
- THE ICONIC
- Culture Kings
- Princess Polly
- City Beach
- Foot Locker
- UGG Express
- Under Armour
Beauty stores that had EOFY sales in 2022
- The Shaver Shop
- Chemist Warehouse
- Wild Secrets
- Look Fantastic
- The Body Shop
- Adore Beauty.
Are the End of Financial Year sales worth it?
They can be. As many retailers aim to clear their stock you can oftne find discounts of up to 90% off.
That said, sometimes the deals may sound more fantastic than they actually are.
Before you buy, check out the RRP to see the real savings and compare prices across a variety of stores.
It's also worth seeing if any stores are offering coupon codes on top of their sale prices to save even more.
Other top tips to make the most of the End of Financial Year sales
- Shop early. The best deals typically get snatched up first. Be the early bird that catches the worm and start your wishlist now. Then, check in throughout June to see if the price has dropped.
- Be flexible. Whether you're being flexible with brands or models, not all items will be discounted. Most likely older models will be on the chopping block, so keep an open mind to find the biggest bargains.
- Consider tax deducations. Perfectly timed with your tax return, the End of Financial Year sales is a chance to buy new work-related expensies such as printers and phones and claim them on tax. Keep in mind that you won't be able to claim a full, immediate deducation on items over $300. You'll need to claim depreciation over a number of years.
- Consider back to school vouchers. Shopping for essentials for your kid? If you're in NSW you may be eligible for Back to School vouchers. Each school-enrolled child is entitled to $150 worth, which can be used toward uniforms, textbooks, computers and stationery at select retailers.
- Know the returns policy. Clearance sales are often excluded from returns. If you're unhappy with your purchase this leaves you with an unwanted item and less money in your pocket. If you're unsure about a purchase, check the returns policy first.
- Shipping costs. What might look like a bargain may end up being a blow-out once shipping costs are factored in. Ways to get around this include opting for Click&Collect or seeing if there's a free shipping code you can redeem.
This article was published on 22 May 2023 and updated on 24 May 2023 with new early End of Financial Year sales.