Life can be unpredictable, but luckily there are options out there to cover you financially.
They say bad things happen in threes, so what would you do if three things went wrong and you needed money to fix them? If you need quick access to finance you can consider a payday loan to see you through. Compare and apply for loans below and find out what's involved.
- Bad credit applicants considered
- Fast approval service
- Borrow up to $2,000
100% confidential application
Sunshine Short Term Offer
A short term loan with a fast and easy application available to those with good or bad credit. You can apply today and get approved for up to $2,000.
- Loan amount: $2,000
- Loan term: 9-15 weeks
- Turnaround time: 30 Minutes - conditions apply
- Fees: 20% of borrowed amount + 4% of borrowed amount each month
- Bad credit borrowers OK
- Quick and easy Approval
- No Credit Checks
Comparison of Emergency Payday Loans
How to get your emergency payday loan
Follow the steps below to take out an emergency payday loan.
- Compare the range of payday lenders in the table above. Look at the amount being offered and how quickly you can receive the loan.
- Click "Go to Site" on the lender you have chosen to apply with
- Review the rates and fees once on the lender's site to confirm the loan is right for you
- Submit your application to the lender and wait to see if you have been approved.
How quickly will you receive your loan?
Lenders take varying amounts of time to get your loan to you. In the table above, you will see an estimated turnaround time that the loan will take to be processed. The average processing time is one business day, but some lenders can have your loan to you on the same day if you get your application submitted before 2:30pm.
How much will you be charged?
For loans less than $2,000 that come with terms of between 16 days and one year, lenders are restricted to the following fees:
- An establishment fee that is 20% of the loan amount
- A monthly fee that is 4% of the loan amount
You may also pay Government fees and charges and late or default fees if you fail to repay your loan on time.
What situations can you use payday loans for?
Payday loans are usually used for emergency situations when you have limited access to other forms of credit. When you apply for a payday loan you will be lent the money that the lender thinks you will be able to afford. Your repayments will be scheduled in line with when you next get paid. Some common situations people use payday loans for include:
- Car repairs
- Emergency medical situation
- Forgotten bills or accounts
- Forgotten necessary purchases eg. school books for your kids
- Replacement necessities eg. furniture, electrical appliances
What kind of people should consider using payday loans?
Generally, payday loans have more flexible lending criteria than other personal loans. You will still need to provide details of your finances, incomes, assets and debts, as well as provide evidence that you receive regular pay. Payday lenders focus more on your current financial situation rather than your past debts or financial issues and are more focused on your ability to manage the repayments.
Because of this, these types of loans are also popular for people who need quick access to credit but may have a few negative listings on their credit file. The way payday loans work means that you do not need impeccable credit history to apply for these loans, but you will need to be able to make the repayments. You may want to consider a payday loan if you don't want to take out an overdraft or increase the debt on your credit card. Remember though, a payday loan is simply an alternative form of credit and should be thought of as the same as any other type of debt.
Case Study - Kelly
Kelly works as a clerk in a legal firm which pays her in monthly instalments. It's two weeks before payday when her car breaks down after she drops her kids to school. She gets the car taken to a mechanic and heads off to work, worried about how she will pay the bill at the end of the day. She:
- Has two credit cards, both of which are maxed out
- Has spent the majority of her paycheque already and needs the remainder for groceries and other expenses for the kids
- Cannot take out an overdraft with her bank because she has a negative mark on her credit file from two years ago
When she gets to work she compares payday loan providers online and finds one that can meet her needs. She uses the details on the lender's website to work out her total fees and repayments to see if she will be able to afford it. She then applies for the loan online and only has to wait a few minutes to see if her loan has been approved. Because of the bank she is with, she receives her loan within four hours and she is able to pay the car repairer later that afternoon.
The good and not-so-good of using payday loans for emergencies
- Quick turnaround. These loans are usually approved via an online application process and once approved you can expect to receive your money on the next business day at the latest.
- Restricted fees. Payday loan providers are restricted as to the type and amount of fees they can charge you, so there's little chance of you being ripped off.
- Outline repayments. Before you settle the loan you will be able to review an outline of your repayments. This feature will be available from most lenders.
- Costly. For the convenience these loans offer you will usually have quite a high rate of interest.
- Unreliable lenders. Although there are a good deal of reputable lenders on the market, there are some unscrupulous lenders out there, so be sure you do your research before going with one lender.
Payday loans are an option to consider in emergency situations, but remember to compare your options before you apply and only submit your application if you feel you can repay the loan.