Elgato launches a new temperature and humidity monitor for smart homes
With the release of Eve Degree, home automation is getting hot.
Popular consumer electronics brand Elgato has announced that its latest smart-home device, Eve Degree, is now available for purchase in Australia. A temperature and humidity monitor, you can place Eve Degree in areas where you need to keep a close eye on the climate, such as in your greenhouse or wine cellar.
In addition to displaying the current temperature and humidity level on its large LCD screen, Eve Degree syncs its sensor data with the Eve iOS app and summarises it on your iPhone or iPad in a graph, making it easy to check whether your home's climate control system is functioning correctly.
If you've invested in Apple's HomeKit ecosystem, there's good news: Eve Degree can integrate with other HomeKit devices such as Apple TV and automatically crank up the air conditioner if the temperature drops lower than you'd like it to. Unsurprisingly, Eve Degree will also work in conjunction with the rest of Elgato's range of smart devices, including the Eve Energy, Eve Room, Eve Weather, Eve Door + Window and Eve Motion.
Eve Degree is available for a retail price of $129. You can purchase it either directly from Elgato or through Apple. The Eve app is free to download from the App Store.
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus review: Plans | Pricing | Specs
- Apple iPhone 8 review: Plans | Pricing | Specs
- XRP weekly price analysis 17 August: Token’s value has enjoyed positive recovery
- Ripple announces “preferred” list of crypto exchanges for xRapid transactions
- UEFA successfully distributed soccer game tickets via blockchain-based mobile app