The Elder Scrolls Legends available for free on iOS and Android
Bethesda's Hearthstone rival has landed on mobile.
Blizzard's Hearthstone has been the go to digital collectible card game (CCG) since its release in 2014. That's primarily down to two factors: a) the game's lighthearted tone and low entry bar and b) its wide availability on mobile devices.
Since its release, The Elder Scrolls: Legends has struggled to grow the same kind of audience, despite being painfully similar to Hearthstone and based off the insanely popular Elder Scrolls franchise.
It's a shame because we really enjoyed our time with Bethesda's digital CCG before release.
Now, Elder Scrolls: Legends is finally doing something it should have done a long time ago: heading to iOS and Android as a free to play (F2P) game. This is a smart move and a sure-fire way to grow the game's player base.
Digital CCG games are also just a damn nice fit for mobile devices, especially tablets with big beautiful displays. Bethesda will now be able to get Legends into the hands of those looking for cheap thrills on their daily commute.
Download The Elder Scrolls: Legends for free from iTunes Store
The Elder Scrolls: Legends - Heroes of Skyrim is a strategy card game based on the world and lore of the award-winning Elder Scrolls series.View details
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits