The Elder Scrolls Legends available for free on iOS and Android
Bethesda's Hearthstone rival has landed on mobile.
Blizzard's Hearthstone has been the go to digital collectible card game (CCG) since its release in 2014. That's primarily down to two factors: a) the game's lighthearted tone and low entry bar and b) its wide availability on mobile devices.
Since its release, The Elder Scrolls: Legends has struggled to grow the same kind of audience, despite being painfully similar to Hearthstone and based off the insanely popular Elder Scrolls franchise.
It's a shame because we really enjoyed our time with Bethesda's digital CCG before release.
Now, Elder Scrolls: Legends is finally doing something it should have done a long time ago: heading to iOS and Android as a free to play (F2P) game. This is a smart move and a sure-fire way to grow the game's player base.
Digital CCG games are also just a damn nice fit for mobile devices, especially tablets with big beautiful displays. Bethesda will now be able to get Legends into the hands of those looking for cheap thrills on their daily commute.
Download The Elder Scrolls: Legends for free from iTunes Store
The Elder Scrolls: Legends - Heroes of Skyrim is a strategy card game based on the world and lore of the award-winning Elder Scrolls series.View details
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?