We are seeking a self-starter to work directly with our personal finance publishers and editors in a full time position as an Editorial Assistant, working across daily editorial activities including content creation/management, content marketing and customer service.
The successful candidate will possess strong writing skills along with a strong visual aesthetic. Editorial experience is preferred, however, we are willing to take on board anyone who has the willingness, passion and initiative to take on tasks and responsibilities that will be focused on improving user experience across our websites.
All serious candidates must be located in Sydney and be prepared to travel in to our office on York St, Sydney
Key responsibilities include:
- Content creation and management including research, writing new and original content, updating and amending existing content, contributing new ideas and assisting with graphics and images for articles
- Ensuring the consistency of all our content with attention to detail
- Assistance in managing our social media presence across Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Pitching new content concepts and projects for personal finance products
- Responding to user queries through comments
- Preparing and sending newsletters
- Preparing briefs to be sent out to our remote workers
- Managing our existing writing team and recruiting new writers to assist in creating amazing content
Qualities we are looking for:
- Passion for writing and the art of creating remarkable website content shaped towards the needs and wants of our users
- A genuine desire to help Australians through their financial education
- Someone who does not procrastinate, with a bias towards taking action
- Strong design aesthetic which will be reflected in content projects
- Ability to take part in good debate in the interest of improving our content and our user experience across our websites
- Strong problem solving ability and can remain cool under pressure
This position is open to all candidates, 1 - 2 years experience in an editorial role is a bonus. A degree in any of the following areas may increase your chances of being successful, but is not essential.
- Arts and humanities
If this sounds like you, being an Editorial Assistant at finder.com.au might just be your dream job! Each day you come to work at finder.com.au, you will be sitting in a comfortable Aeron chair, working at dual LCD screen workstation (we actually prefer to call them space stations!) with the choice between the latest Mac or PC. Head in to our kitchen for a fridge full of drinks, fresh fruit delivered to our door and all the snacks you want!
You will be a part of a team that is focused and has a shared vision for an Australia full of finder.com.au's. We want Aussies to enjoy comparing, to want to compare and to not be content with their lot in life. We want to change the way this country thinks and we've love for you to be a part of that mission.
Send an e-mail to Jeremy Cabral with a one page cover letter and evidence of your editorial and writing experience (article copies, links, etc.). Let us know more about any projects you were most passionate about and proud of and how your experience and skills are relevant to finder.com.au.