Looking for detailed cover for overseas trips? Consider Easy Travel Insurance International Travel Insurance
According to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, 25,000 Australians get into difficulty overseas each year. That includes more than 1,200 hospitalisations, 900 deaths and 50 Australians needing evacuation.
Travel insurance is a great way to financially protect yourself from these kinds of events. International travel insurance from Easy Travel Insurance offers the following benefits:
- backed by QBE Insurance who is one of the top 25 insurers in the world, operates in over 52 countries and has been in Australia looking after international travellers for over 125 years
- earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on eligible insurance products
- instant cover when you apply online
- a 21 day cooling off period to compare your options and satisfy yourself with your choice
- access to QBE Assist, a 24 hour phone line offering medical assistance and advice, help with rescheduling travel plans and relaying messages to family back home
- dependent children under 25 years old are covered for free to travel with you
- the option to take out the Elements insurance policy with just the essential features for a more affordable premium.
Receive a quote for Easy Travel Insurance International Travel Insurance
What Does the Easy Travel Insurance International Travel Plan Cover?
Your international travel insurance from Easy Travel Insurance has generous benefit amounts and detailed features to help minimise the damage and stress if you need to make a claim for loss, damage, theft, medical expenses or cancellations. Easy Travel Insurance International includes:
Alternatively, if you are looking for a basic international travel insurance plan, you may want to consider the Elements option with Easy Travel. Elements Travel Plan offers:Back to top
Easy Travel Insurance International Plan Worldwide Assistance
QBE Assist is on call 24 hours a day, every day of the year, with emergency medical assistance, medical advice and important contacts for the part of the world you’re exploring. QBE Assist looks after you with:
- Dedicated and highly trained staff with medical and insurance experience.
- In house staff and assistance to avoid the delays associated with outsourcing or relays.
- A base in Melbourne so you can speak with English speaking staff whenever you call.
- Contacts and relationships with the best hospitals, medical experts, healthcare groups and service providers around the world.
- A staff of doctors, paramedics, critical care nurses, headed by a Medical Director, who are trained and qualified to assist with air or land based patient transfers.
- You can call and seek assistance and advice without having to put in a claim, or wait for a claims approval.
You can ring the QBE Assist phone line for:
- Assessment and monitoring of a medical condition after an illness or injury.
- Medical repatriation.
- The payment of your medical and hospital bills.
- Help with rescheduling travel arrangements after airport closures or delays.
- Tracking, reporting or reimbursing for lost or stolen luggage and personal items.
- Replacement of lost or stolen passport or travel documents.
- Relaying a message to family or colleagues back home.
Easy Travel Insurance International Plan Options
Depending on the plans you have for your international travel, you may need to further customise your travel insurance. Therefore, your Easy Travel Insurance policy can be enhanced with the addition of:
Snow sports cover, including cover for ski lift passes, ski run closure and the hire of replacement snow equipment.
An increase in the rental vehicle excess cover, up to $5,000.
Specified items covered under your luggage and personal effects, to be itemised up to a maximum of an additional $10,000.
Who is Eligible in Getting an Easy Travel Insurance International Travel Plan?
If you are an Australian resident, you can apply for international travel insurance with Easy Travel Insurance, at any age. However, if you are not an Australian resident, you must be under 60 years old to apply.Back to top
How to Make a Claim with Easy Travel Insurance
It is your responsibility to do everything in your power to avoid illness, injury and loss while you are travelling overseas. If an incident does occur for that you need to make a claim on your travel insurance, you should be sure to avoid making the loss any worse. After this, you need to:
- Promptly notify your insurer of your claim and complete the claim form you can find on the QBE website.
- Include all documents relevant to the claim, including:
- Medical certificates
- Itemised medical accounts
- Receipts in their original form
- Rental agreements
- Quotes for repair
- Ticket or luggage checks
- Any other information the insurer asks for
- Provide all documentation at your expense
- Include any letters or documentation sent to you which relate to the claim
- Do not promise any payment, admit any liability or engage in any litigation without the approval of your insurer
- Visit a doctor as soon as you begin suffering from symptoms of a medical condition and retain evidence of the condition
- Report theft, loss or damage of personal items, luggage or documents to the police, transport provider, hotel or other authority
- Report a theft within 24 hours, and provide your insurer a copy of the report
- Report loss or damage of luggage to the carrier in writing within three days and provide your insurer a copy of the report.
International travel can be daunting, but when you know you have a trusted expert in the insurance industry behind you, a comprehensive hotline to call if you need any sort of assistance, and generous benefit limits if you do need to make a claim, you can put your mind at ease as you enjoy your experiences. When you compare Easy Travel International Travel Insurance you will find great benefits, award winning service and affordable cover options.Back to top