Easy Travel Insurance logo

Easy Travel Insurance Inbound Travel Insurance

Travelling to Australia? Consider Easy Travel Insurance Inbound Travel Insurance for non-residents.

While it’s best to take out travel insurance before you set off for your trip, it is possible to be covered if you have travelled to Australia without insurance. Inbound Travel Insurance from Easy Travel is designed for non-Australian residents travelling around the country, to protect themselves from the common travel inconveniences that can easily ruin a trip, as well as offer tailored cover for exploring this vast and diverse continent.

Receive a quote for Easy Travel Insurance Inbound Travel Insurance

Brands Product Product Details Apply
Easy Travel Insurance Inbound Travel Insurance

$10 million overseas medical and dental expenses

$3,000 for luggage and travel documents

$10,000 for accidental death

$1 million personal liability

Get quoteMore info

You can apply for Inbound Travel Insurance if you are entering Australia on a temporary basis, are under 70 years old and have no pre existing medical conditions. You can purchase your policy before you arrive in Australia, or within seven days of arriving, covering you for your travel around Australia and for your return to your home country.

Easy Travel Insurance Inbound Travel Insurance benefits include:

  • You are protected from your own providers. Travel insurance can cover policyholders for lost deposits or cancellation fees your travel agent or carrier charges you if you have to change your travel plans because of illness, accident, injury or family emergency.
  • Items can easily be lost, stolen or damaged. Even if you take great care with your luggage and possessions, your carrier may lose your bags, you may turn around at the airport and miss your suitcase, or your concierge may tear open a garment bag getting out of a lift. Any of these instances and more could quickly and easily ruin your holiday, but with travel insurance you can be reimbursed for loss and damage, and be paid a benefit to replace items. You’ll also have all the right contacts if you need to track or replace lost passports or travel documents.
  • Delays ruin plans. Your luggage may be delayed and you need essential personal items, your flight or transfer may be delayed so you missed connections. Whatever the reason, the ripple effects of a delay while on holiday anywhere can multiply quickly, which is why travel insurance provides a benefit to replace essential items if your baggage is delayed, and pay additional accommodation and travel expenses if you have to rearrange your plans.
  • You can be sick or injured anywhere. Medical emergencies, illness, accidents and injury can happen when you’re tucked up safely in your home, so why would you risk travelling anywhere without accident, injury and medical cover through your travel insurance. Travel insurance can pay emergency medical and dental bills, evacuations, repatriation and the associated travel and accommodation costs for a carer.

What does the Easy Travel Insurance Inbound travel plan cover?

Even if you are purchasing travel insurance after your trip has begun, you don’t miss out on any features or benefits with Easy Travel Insurance. Your Inbound Travel Insurance offers you detailed protection with a range of features and generous benefit amounts, such as:

  • $10,000,000 cover for Overseas medical and dental and additional expenses
  • You can choose benefit level for Amendment and Cancellation (sub limits apply)
  • A $3,000 cover for luggage and travel documents
  • Up to $200 item limit for your cameras and video cameras
  • Up to $200 item limit for your laptop and tablet computers
  • Up to $200 item limit for your mobile and smart phones
  • Up to $200 for other items
  • A $200 allowance for delayed luggage
  • A $1,000 for hospital incidentals
  • A $2,000 cover for hijacking
  • $10,000 benfit for accidental death
  • $1,000,000 cover for personal liability
  • $1,000,000 Medical and dental expenses in Australia
Back to top

Who is eligible to get an Easy Travel Insurance International travel plan?

The Inbound Travel Insurance plan from Easy Insurance is a unique policy which has been created for that niche traveller who has arrived in Australia, is not an Australian resident, but needs to be covered by travel insurance for their time here. The Inbound Travel Insurance policy is available to:

  • Non-Australian residents
  • Those entering Australia temporarily
  • Those travelling within Australia, and cannot be used solely for returning to your home country
  • Taken out before you arrive your insurance can cover your journey into Australia as well
  • Taken out after you arrive your insurance covers you for travel around Australia and travel home
Back to top

How to make a claim with Easy Travel Insurance

If you have to make a claim on your Inbound Travel Insurance but you can rest assured that your claim will be processed as quickly as possible. There are a number of steps you can take to make sure that the claims process runs smoothly for your part, and that you receive the benefits and reimbursements to which you are entitled. These include:

  1. Do everything you can to avoid a loss while you are travelling
  2. If you do suffer a loss and need to make a claim, do everything you can to avoid exacerbating the loss
  3. Notify the insurer as soon as possible to make a claim. Complete an online claim Visit www.claims.covermore.com.au
  4. Include all documents relevant to the claim, such as letters, notices, medical certificates, itemised medical accounts, original copies of receipts, rental agreements, repair quotes, ticket checks and luggage documents
  5. Provide any letters or documents you receive regarding the claim, to your insurer
  6. Do not promise to pay or admit fault without the approval of the insurer
  7. Do not become involved in litigation without the approval of the insurer
  8. Visit a doctor as soon as you suffer symptoms related to a claim for a medical condition
  9. Report the theft, loss or damage of personal items to local police, the transport provider, the hotel or other authority as required, within 24 hours, and include a copy of the report for your insurer
  10. Notify your carrier in writing within three days of the loss or damage to your luggage, and include a copy of the report for your insurer.
Back to top

Get quote for Easy Travel Insurance Inbound

Richard Laycock

Richard is the Insurance Editor at Finder, wrangling insurance product disclosure statements for the better part of five years. His musings on insurance can be found the web including on Yahoo Finance, Travel Weekly and Dynamic Business. When he’s not helping Aussies make sense of insurance fine print, he is testing the quality of cocktails in his new found home of New York. Richard studied Media at Macquarie University and The Missouri School of Journalism and has a Tier 1 certification in General Advice for Life Insurance.

Was this content helpful to you? No  Yes

Related Posts

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy and Privacy & Cookies Policy.

2 Responses

  1. Default Gravatar
    JillDecember 14, 2015

    Hi I’m an Australian citizen and my mother who is British is visiting us for Two and a half months she is 83years old, is she able to get travel insurance. She has a Medicare card which we Renae each time she comes to visit. Many thanks jill

    • finder Customer Care
      RichardDecember 15, 2015Staff

      Hi Jill,

      Thanks for your question. Yes, your mother should be able to get travel insurance. For more information please consult our non-resident travel insurance page. On this page you’ll find a list of the insurance brands in our panel that provide this type of cover and you can compare your options.

      I hope this was helpful,

Ask a question
Go to site