The Easy Travel Insurance Domestic policy provides comprehensive cover for mishaps you may encounter while travelling domestically.
Easy Domestic Travel Insurance from is backed by the Zurich Australian Insurance Ltd. All of this means that your travel insurance product reflects your needs as an Domestic, is tailored to Domestic travel, and draws on the strength, experience and innovation of international industry leading ideas and service.
With the Easy Domestic Travel Cover you remain protected by international standard cover, you are able to access the Easy Assist phone line for help or advice 24 hours a day, and you’ll enjoy personalised tailored cover so you’re not paying for more than you need to. Plus, if you’re heading off shortly and have left your travel insurance a little late, you can apply online and be covered instantly, including free cover for the whole family if you are travelling with financially dependent children under 21 years old.
Your Domestic Travel Insurance also protects you in the event of:
- Lost deposits
- Emergency accommodation expenses
- Lost, damaged or stolen luggage
- Personal liability
- Travel delays
What does the Easy Travel Insurance Domestic plan cover?
Easy Travel insurance offers specially tailored features in their Domestic Travel Cover, including:
- A benefit of up to $10,000 if your holiday is cancelled or deferred
- Up to $10,000 to cover emergency travel and emergency accommodation costs
- A $750 benefit in case of a travel delay
- An itemised limit of $300 for your computer
- A maximum limit of $3,000 for luggage and personal effects which are lost, damaged or stolen
- A $4,000 benefit to cover the excess on your rental vehicle in case you have an accident, or the vehicle is stolen or damaged
- An itemised limit of $300 for any camera or video equipment
- A $300 for other individual items
- Up to $3,000 cover if your credit or debit cards are fraudulently used
- A $200,000 benefit for personal liability cover
Easy Travel Insurance International plan options
If you would like to further tailor your Domestic Travel Cover to your trip, there are a number of additional benefits you can purchase. You also have the ability to add these extras after your trip has begun:
- Specified items. If you are taking in an expensive item with you on your next trip, you can increase your cover for certain items.
- Rental vehicle excess. You already have a $4,000 rental vehicle excess benefit in your Domestic Travel Cover. This feature does not cover your liability in an accident, only the amount of the excess on your rental agreement, in the event of a claim.
- Cancellation and additional expenses. This feature covers non-refundable portions of prepaid travel bookings, additional travel, meals and accommodation.
How to make a claim with Easy Travel Insurance
If you do need to make a claim on your Domestic Travel Cover, you can feel confident that the Easy Travel claims department, backed by Zurich Australian Insurance Ltd, will process your claim quickly and professionally, to get your benefit to you as soon as possible. Once a claim form has been received, along with all of the necessary documentation, the claim is generally settled within ten working days.
To make the claims process as fast and smooth as possible, there are a few things you need to remember if you find yourself in the situation of an accident, loss, illness or delay:
- Notify your insurer as soon as possible to complete a claim form.
- Provide all of the relevant documentation with your claim, for example letters, medical certificates, receipts, rental agreements, tickets, luggage checks and anything else your insurer asks for.
- Provide any additional correspondence you receive from third parties about your claim, to your insurer.
- Do not make any promise or offer of payment without your insurer’s approval.
- Don’t admit fault or become involved in litigation without your insurer’s approval.
- Visit a doctor as soon as possible if you are suffering symptoms of a medical condition.
- Report loss, damage or theft of luggage to police, the transport provider, hotel or carrier, and forward your insurer a copy of the report.
Australia has more species of venomous and harmful animals than anywhere else in the world, but living in their midst day after day can make us blinded to the dangers on our doorstep. Therefore, before you set out on an Domestic adventure, consider Domestic Travel Cover with Easy Travel.Back to top