The Easy Travel Insurance Australian policy provides comprehensive cover for mishaps you may encounter while travelling domestically
Easy Travel Insurance Australian Travel Insurance from is backed by the QBE insurance group, which is the largest international insurance group in Australasia, one of the top 25 global insurers, and has been insuring Australian and international clients for more than 125 years. All of this means that your travel insurance product reflects your needs as an Australian, is tailored to Australian travel, and draws on the strength, experience and innovation of international industry leading ideas and service.
With the Easy Travel Australian Travel Cover you remain protected by international standard cover, you are able to access the QBE Assist phone line for help or advice 24 hours a day, and you’ll enjoy personalised tailored cover so you’re not paying for more than you need to. Plus, if you’re heading off shortly and have left your travel insurance a little late, you can apply online and be covered instantly, including free cover for the whole family if you are travelling with financially dependent children under 25 years old.
Your Australian Travel Insurance also protects you in the event of:
- lost deposits
- emergency travel expenses
- emergency accommodation expenses
- lost, damaged or stolen luggage
- a range of sporting activities
- personal liability
- travel delays.
What does the Easy Travel Insurance Australian Plan Cover?
Easy Travel insurance offers specially tailored features in their Australian Travel Cover, including:
- A benefit of up to $10,000 if your holiday is cancelled or deferred
- Up to $10,000 to cover emergency travel and emergency accommodation costs
- A $2,000 to cover cancellation fees from an agent
- Up to $50,000 to cover medical expenses you attract while on a cruise ship within Australian waters
- A $1,000 benefit for dental expenses due to an emergency treatment needed while on board a cruise ship in Australian waters
- A $500 benefit in case of a travel delay
- An itemised limit of $1,000 for your computer
- A maximum limit of $4,000 for luggage and personal effects which are lost, damaged or stolen
- A $3,000 benefit to cover the excess on your rental vehicle in case you have an accident, or the vehicle is stolen or damaged
- An itemised limit of $750 for any camera or video equipment
- An $800 sublimit for dentures or dental prosthesis
- A $500 for other individual items
- A $500 emergency luggage benefit
- Up to $3,000 cover if your credit or debit cards are fraudulently used
- A $300,000 benefit for personal liability cover
- A $5,000 financial default benefit.
Easy Travel Insurance International Plan Worldwide Assistance
No matter how near or far you are from home, when something goes wrong or disaster strikes, it can be immeasurably reassuring to be able to call someone who can masterfully take care of the situation for you. Easy Travel Australian Travel Cover provides you access with access to QBE Assist, a service available worldwide and around Australia, if you need emergency assistance, advice or help with unexpected travel disruptions.
You can call on QBE Assist for:
- Specially trained medical and insurance specialists
- Systems managed directly by QBE staff to avoid outsourcing delays
- Help with an accident or illness, plus ongoing monitoring
- Organising repatriation if required
- Paying your emergency hospital and medical bills for you
- Helping to reschedule travel arrangements in the case of airport closures for example
- Help with locating, replacing or reimbursing missing luggage
- Help with replacing lost or stolen travel documents
- Relaying emergency messages to your family, employer or travel agent.
Easy Travel Insurance International Plan Options
If you would like to further tailor your Australian Travel Cover to your trip, there are a number of additional benefits you can purchase. You also have the ability to add these extras after your trip has begun:
- Specified items. If you are taking in an expensive item with you on your next trip, you can increase your cover for certain items.
- Rental vehicle excess. You already have a $3,000 rental vehicle excess benefit in your Australian Travel Cover, but you can increase this amount to $5,000 for an additional premium. This feature does not cover your liability in an accident, only the amount of the excess on your rental agreement, in the event of a claim.
- Cancellation and additional expenses. You can increase the benefit amount paid in the event of cancellations which are not the result of a pre-existing medical condition. This feature covers non-refundable portions of prepaid travel bookings, additional travel, meals and accommodation.
Who is Eligible in Getting an Easy Travel Insurance International Travel Plan?
If you are an Australian resident, you can apply for Australian Travel Cover, regardless of your age. If you are not a resident, you can still apply for Australian Travel Cover if you are under 70 years old. Once your policy is approved and your insurance is issued, you remain covered for a maximum of 12 months from your departure date, regardless of your age.Back to top
How to Make a Claim with Easy Travel Insurance
If you do need to make a claim on your Australian Travel Cover, you can feel confident that the Easy Travel claims department, backed by QBE Insurance, will process your claim quickly and professionally, to get your benefit to you as soon as possible. Once a claim form has been received, along with all of the necessary documentation, the claim is generally settled within 10 working days.
To make the claims process as fast and smooth as possible, there are a few things you need to remember if you find yourself in the situation of an accident, loss, illness or delay:
- Notify your insurer as soon as possible to complete a claim form.
- Provide all of the relevant documentation with your claim, for example letters, medical certificates, receipts, rental agreements, tickets, luggage checks and anything else your insurer asks for.
- Provide any additional correspondence you receive from third parties about your claim, to your insurer.
- Do not make any promise or offer of payment without your insurer’s approval.
- Don’t admit fault or become involved in litigation without your insurer’s approval.
- Visit a doctor as soon as possible if you are suffering symptoms of a medical condition.
- Report loss, damage or theft of luggage to police, the transport provider, hotel or carrier, and forward your insurer a copy of the report.
Australia has more species of venomous and harmful animals than anywhere else in the world, but living in their midst day after day can make us blinded to the dangers on our doorstep. Therefore, before you set out on an Australian adventure, consider Australian Travel Cover with Easy Travel.Back to top