Enjoy convenience and savings by covering all trips in any 12 month period with Easy Travel Insurance
Easy Travel Insurance covers policyholders in the event of accident, medical emergency, lost or delayed luggage and cancelled or disrupted travel plans. Easy Travel Insurance also has a 21 day cooling off period if you change your mind for free.
Easy Travel Insurance is backed by QBE Insurance and provides cover from the moment you have completed the online application. You’ll also cover any financially dependent children under 25 years old travelling with you, and have 24 hour access to QBE Assist for help in an emergency anywhere in the world.
You’ll also be protected from a range of circumstances that have the potential to ruin your trip. QBE is able to swiftly resolve many issues by drawing on their 125 years’ of experience, their global network and international expertise.
- Benefits of Easy Travel Insurance Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
- What does the Easy Travel Annual Multi-Trip Insurance Plan Cover?
- Easy Travel Insurance Annual Multi-Trip Travel Plan Worldwide Assistance
- Who is Eligible in Getting an Easy Travel Insurance Annual Multi-Trip Travel Plan?
- How to Make a Claim with Easy Travel Insurance
Benefits of Easy Travel Insurance Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
Your Easy Travel Insurance is not only backed by one of the 25 largest insurers in the world, it is also affordable. Policies can be tailored to suit your travel budget with the following options:
- Annual multi-trip travel insurance. Choosing Easy Travel Insurance Multi-Trip allows you to take unlimited trips during a 12-month period that are all covered by the one policy. Your trips are covered as long as they are less than 60 days each, and multi-trip insurance is available to Australians under 70 years of age.
- Domestic cover. Your domestic travel is covered when you choose the Easy Travel Insurance Multi-Trip policy, so you won’t need to reapply when you decide to explore your own backyard.
- International cover. You can choose from two international insurance plans, Region A, which covers you worldwide including USA, South or Central America and Antarctica. Or Region B cover which is worldwide cover, excluding USA, South or Central America and Antarctica. You can travel to the excluded destinations if the trip is less than 72 hours, for example, for a stopover.
- Perfect for business. An annual multi-trip travel insurance policy is ideal if you are a regular business traveller as you simply need to renew your policy each year, and you’re covered for whenever you need to set off.
What does the Easy Travel Annual Multi-Trip Insurance Plan Cover?
Many travel insurance policies can look indiscernible from each other, so when you compare your options for travel insurance, make sure you look closely at the inclusions and any limitations or exclusions. With the Easy Travel Insurance Multi-Trip policy, you are covered for:
- Unlimited cover if your travel plans are cancelled or deferred
- Unlimited cover for emergency travel and accommodation expenses
- Up to $2,000 to cover cancellation fees from your travel agent if you have to change your plans
- Unlimited cover for medical and dental expenses
- Unlimited cover to evacuate and repatriate you home in a medical emergency
- Up to $1,500 to cover your expenses if your travel plans are delayed
- An unlimited benefit if you experience a hijacking while travelling
- Up to $4,000 to cover the excess on a rental vehicle which is damaged, stolen or in an accident
- A total of $15,000 for luggage and personal effects which are lost, stolen or damaged
- A sub limit of $6,000 for your personal computer
- A sub limit of $800 for dentures or dental prosthesis
- A sub limit of $4,000 for your camera and video equipment
- A sub limit of $3,000 to cover your golf clubs
- An additional $1,000 for other individual items
- A benefit of $500 to cover your emergency luggage costs
- Up to $2,000 to assist in replacing lost or damaged passports or travel documents
- A $3,000 benefit in the event your credit or debit cards are used fraudulently
- Up to $2,000 cover for your business documents or equipment hire
- A $10,000 benefit for loss of income, if you are unable to work upon your return home due to an illness or injury you sustained while travelling
- Personal liability cover up to the value of $2.5 million
- An additional $15,000 benefit for legal expenses
- A $10,000 benefit in the event of financial default.
Easy Travel Insurance Annual Multi-Trip Travel Plan Worldwide Assistance
When you have Easy Travel insurance with QBE, you’re connected with global support from the QBE Assist team. QBE Assist is just a phone call away no matter where you are in the world, regardless of the day and time. You can call in the event of any type of medical or insurance emergency, and the QBE Assist team have the authority to act immediately to direct you to help locally, provide you with the relevant advice, or help to bring you home if required.
For example, QBE Assist can look after you with:
- Medical experts. A team of medical experts is on hand around the clock at QBE Assist. They can assess and monitor your situation after an accident or illness, make arrangements to repatriate you, and pay your hospital and medical bills for you.
- Trip disruptions. QBE Assist can reschedule your travel arrangements in the event of delays or disruptions. Your insurer can also take care of getting emergency messages to your family, employer or travel agent in Australia to keep them updated on your changed situation.
- Loss and theft. If your passports and travel documents are lost or stolen, QBE Assist can organise their replacement quickly and easily for you.
Who is Eligible in Getting an Easy Travel Insurance Annual Multi-Trip Travel Plan?
For you to be eligible for the benefits and protection of the Easy Travel Insurance Annual Multi-Trip plan, you must:
- be an Australian resident
- be under 70 years old at the time of application
- be travelling around Australia or overseas according to the inclusions of your chosen plan
- be taking a trip which lasts for no more than 60 days
- take out your policy before you leave for your trip
- be in Australia at the time your Certificate of Insurance is issued
- not purchase your policy more than 12 months before you leave for your trip.
If you satisfy the application and eligibility criteria, you can be covered for an unlimited number of trips each year.Back to top
How to Make a Claim with Easy Travel Insurance
In order to make a successful claim you must have done everything reasonably possible to prevent a loss, and if a loss does occur, you must not make it worse. Instead, if you need to make a claim:
- Notify QBE as soon as possible and complete a claim form.
- Include all relevant documents such as letter, notices, medical certificates, medical accounts, receipts, rental agreements, repair quotations, tickets or luggage checks, as these will help in providing proof of your loss.
- Ensure you immediately forward any letters or documents you receive relating to the claim to your insurer.
- Do not offer payment, admit fault or become involved in litigation without the approval of QBE.
- If you are claiming for a medical condition, gather evidence from a doctor as soon as you become aware of symptoms.
- If you are claiming for theft, damage or loss, make sure you report the incident to police, the transport provider, the hotel or other relevant authority within 24 hours, and ensure you receive a copy of the report.
- If you are claiming for loss or damage to your luggage you must make a report to your carrier in writing within three days, and provide a copy of the report to QBE.
The details of your policy may require you to pay an excess before a claim can be made, and the amount of your excess will be listed in your policy documents. You can find a claim form on the QBE travel insurance website, and speak with QBE at any time for help with your claim. QBE will then ensure that your claim is paid within 10 days, once they have received the form and supporting documentation.