Jet off for a long-weekend adventure this Easter.
Looking for the perfect excuse for an escape over the upcoming four-day, Good Friday and Easter break? Or making the most of your annual leave and turning it into a longer vacation?
Whichever sort of holiday you're after, we've got you covered. These are the best Easter flight deals for 2018 that we can find to help you get you away for less.
Top Easter flight deals
|Norfolk Island flights $278 each way||Valid for travel on select dates from June - December 2018. Sample fare is Brisbane-Norfolk Island.||
|10% off select Etihad flights||
|Valid for travel until 30 June 2018. Bookings made with American Express cards only. Can travel until 30 June 2018. T&C's apply.||
Which airlines offer Easter flight sales?
Here's the airlines we found offering Easter flight sales last year so you can get an idea of what to expect this time around. Once the 2018 Easter flight sales are announced, we'll update this space.
- Jetstar: Domestic flights from $29 each way and international flights from $99 each way. The cheapest domestic flight was Melbourne (Avalon)-Hobart and the cheapest international flight was Darwin-Bali. Other destinations included New Zealand, Vietnam, Singapore and Thailand. (See more details.)
- Tigerair: Domestic flights from $39. The cheapest flight was from Sydney-Gold Coast. Other destinations included Melbourne, Whitsunday Coast (Proserpine), Darwin and Perth. (See more details.)
5 tips to finding cheaper Easter flights
- Book as early as possible. Supply and demand rules the skies, and as seats fill up the prices rise. You can't count on a last minute sale for the flight you want any more than you can depend on a lottery ticket. Book as early as possible to get prices while they're low for the taking.
- Choose the right day and time of day. This is particularly important for flying domestically. Weekends, Mondays, Fridays and morning are often pricier, and Tuesdays and Wednesdays tend to be the cheapest days to fly. While they aren't part of the Easter weekend, extending the long weekend won't just get you more vacation time, but can save you money.
- Subscribe to flight sale emails. Book earlier by getting deals delivered to you instead of having to wait until you find the time to go hunting, and maybe even get some near-exclusives that are hard to find by yourself.
- Plan your luggage. With most airlines, your luggage can't fly for free any more than you can. Trying to get away with carry-on only is usually the cheaper bet, as long as you're careful with the size and weight limits.
- Look for any differences in payment method. BPAY, card, direct transfer and a host of other online payment methods are available depending on the carrier. Sometimes fees will apply for certain transactions, which can make a considerable difference. Depending on where you're going, and how you booked the flight, plane tickets can also get pricey, which presents a good opportunity to rack up a rewards card score.