Take off on an adventure for less over this long weekend.
Looking for the perfect excuse for an escape over the upcoming four-day, Good Friday and Easter break? Making the most out of the two back-to-back public holidays by heading aboard?
Whichever sort of holiday you're after, we've got you covered. These are the flight deals that will get you away for less.
Top Easter flight deals
|Up to $100 off China Eastern Airlines fare sale||
|Valid for travel on select dates. Save $50 off travel to selected cities in China, and $100 off to Japan (Tokyo and Osaka only), Paris and Rome. T&C's apply.||
Tips to finding cheaper Easter flights
- Book as early as possible. Supply and demand rules the skies, and as seats fill up the prices rise. You can't count on a last minute sale for the flight you want any more than you can depend on a lottery ticket. Book as early as possible to get prices while they're low for the taking.
- Choose the right day and time of day. This is particularly important for flying domestically. Weekends, Mondays, Fridays and morning are often pricier. Try to find other times if you can, and enjoy the added bonus of maybe getting an empty seat or two next to you.
- Subscribe to flight sale emails. Book earlier by getting deals delivered to you instead of having to wait until you find the time to go hunting, and maybe even get some near-exclusives that are hard to find by yourself.
- Plan your luggage. With most airlines, your luggage can't fly for free any more than you can. Trying to get away with carry-on only is usually the cheaper bet, as long as you're careful with the size and weight limits.
- Look for any differences in payment method. BPAY, card, direct transfer and a host of other online payment methods are available depending on the carrier. Sometimes fees will apply for certain transactions, which can make a considerable difference. Depending on where you're going, and how you booked the flight, plane tickets can also get pricey, which presents a good opportunity to rack up a rewards card score.