Easter opening hours for restaurants, bars, cafes and shopping centres in Canberra.
It's a four-day weekend. We're all thinking about it. What can we do? Where can we go? What is open?
Need answers? We've got them because we know that you shouldn't waste a four-day weekend cleaning the house or working hours that you will not be paid for. Instead, you should spend time exploring.
If Canberra is on the cards for a long weekend getaway or you're a local who plans to catch up with mates and enjoy life, then these are the shops and eating hotspots that are keeping their doors open just for you.
What would you like to do this Easter long weekend in Canberra?
Canberra shop trading hours over Easter 2019
Restaurants, cafes and bars open over Easter weekend
Our top spots to eat out over the Easter long weekend.
- Lao-Thai Street Food: Cheap eats open for dinner from 5pm, daily.
- Stock Kitchen & Bar: For early birds, Stock Kitchen & Bar is open on weekdays from 6.30am or weekends from 7am. You'll find it inside The Mantra.
- Bicicletta: Breakfast, lunch and dinner, Bicicletta is open for all. Don't forget to catch it's pizza window from 12-3pm, Monday-Friday. Yum!
- Blackfire: Hailed as the Best European Restaurant at the SAVOUR Awards in 2016 and 2017, this is a meal you won't forget easily. Open for dinner all weekend long.
- Walt & Burley: Meals made from local ingredients along the Kingston Foreshore? That's what you get when tucking into a meal at Walt & Burley. Open 11am til late.
- First Edition: Come in for the buffet breakfast or grace the premises a little later on for share boards and fine dining. Definitely one for an occasion. Breakfast from 6.30am.
- Tikka Take: A people-pleaser if ever we saw one, this modern take on Indian cuisine is casual and delicious. Open from 11am.
- KorBQ: Eat up and be merry at this Korean charcoal BBQ joint. Large parties are welcome. Open from 11.30am.
- Kokomos: Drinks, anyone? Head to Kokomos where the atmosphere is lively and the cocktails inviting. Food from 11:30am.
Easter events in Canberra
Hot activities and experiences to fill your Easter break in Canberra.
- Easter egg hunt: What would Easter be without a good ol' Easter hunt. The good news is that Canberra has many, including at MOAD (Museum of Australian Democracy), Westfield Belconnen, Hilltop Reserve and Marketplace Gungahlin.
- Old Bus Depot Markets. The iconic markets opens every Sunday without fail, including Easter Sunday. Expect a Portobello Road theme as well as Easter style local arts and crafts. 21 April 2019, Old Bus Depot Markets
- National Folk Festival. For lovers of music, the annual National Folk Festival is fun for the whole family. 18-22 April 2019, Exhibition Park
- Easter family fun and food day at Pialligo Estate Glasshouse: Get out of the city and hang out at this beautiful estate. Kids will have a jumping castle and treasure hunt to keep them busy and you'll have the local produce to savour over. As well as the view. 20 April 2019.
GoBoat 2-hour rent
Cockington Green Gardens entry ticket
National Dinosaur Museum general admission
Cheetah encounter at the National Zoo