Show the special man in your life just how much he means to you with the perfect Easter gift.
For many of us, Easter is a glorious time of year when we can stuff our faces with chocolate and not feel guilty about it. It’s a time of egg hunts, chocolate bunnies, hot cross buns and a relaxing long weekend.
Of course, we also realise that there’s much more to Easter than that, but not everyone is aware of the true meaning behind this oldest of the Christian holidays. Easter celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ three days after he was crucified.
Widely considered to be the most important Christian holiday, Easter is celebrated in a range of different ways all around the world. Eggs first became associated with Easter in medieval Europe, while the Germans first produced chocolate eggs for Easter in the 19th century.
- How to choose the best Easter gifts for him
- Top Easter gifts for him
- Top retailers to shop at for Easter gifts for him
- Current deals and offers
- For him: Unique and exquisite Easter gift ideas
- Easter gifts for every stage of the relationship
- Inexpensive and cheap gifts for him on Easter
- Why shop at finder.com.au this Easter?
Left gift buying to the last minute? Buy one of these online gift vouchers:
How to choose the best Easter Day gifts for him
- While most of us associate Christmas as being a time for gift giving, Easter is another period when it’s a great idea to spoil the important people in your life with a present or three. The holiday long weekend gives you plenty of time to reconnect with family and friends, so why not show someone you care with a thoughtful Easter gift?
- If you’ve decided to give gifts this Easter, chances are you’re grappling with the problem of how to decide on the right presents for each person. Some people are naturals at finding the perfect gift, but for many of us it’s a struggle we face every time Christmas, Easter, birthdays and anniversaries roll around.
- In order to track down excellent Easter gifts that the recipient will love, it’s a good idea to first consider who you’re buying for. What are their interests and hobbies? Do they have expensive tastes or would they be simply overjoyed that you thought of buying them something?
- One thing you should definitely do is take the time to consider the personality of the person you are buying for, as different gifts will obviously be better suited to different types of people. Is he a gadget nerd or perhaps obsessed with sport and the outdoor life? Is he the shy, retiring type or a proud extrovert? Is he someone well-known for a wicked sense of humour or does he take a more serious approach to life? The answers to these questions will help you find the right gift.
- You also need to consider exactly what you’re trying to say to the gift recipient. Gifts are one of the oldest and most basic forms of communication we have at our disposal and the type of gift you give can have a huge influence on the message you send. If you’re buying for your husband or boyfriend, you’ll want to convey a message of love and perhaps romance. A gift for a male friend might take more of a humourous approach, referencing a shared joke or memory, while a gift for your father or brother will also need to be tailored to your relationship.
- Do you want the gift to show the bloke in your life how special he is to you? Are you in the early stages of a relationship and want to give a gift that shows you care, but not something too over-the-top that’s going to give him the wrong idea and scare him off? Whatever the reason you’re buying for, taking a few minutes to plan ahead before you actually start shopping can save you a lot of stress in the long run.
- Once you understand who you’re buying for and what message you’re trying to convey, the next step is to consider possible gift ideas. Being Easter, the most obvious place to start looking for gifts is in the confectionery aisle. Chocolate and Easter go together like Christmas and turkey, so spoiling him with an avalanche of sweet treats is always a recipe for success. You can look for eggs or bunnies, or perhaps look for something a little bit fancy if he likes the finer things in life.
- After that, choosing the right gift will likely come down to his personality. Perhaps a new golf club and golf balls will make his day, or you could splash out on a couple of his favourite DVDs. You could even plan a romantic movie night for the two of you over the Easter long weekend, complete with viewing material, snuggles on the lounge and plenty of popcorn and snacks.
- If your man likes looking after himself, a personal care package with shaving cream, deodorant, body wash and the like could go down a treat. For something a little more traditional, a cross on a neck chain might be a nice touch. You could focus on family with a beautifully framed photo or two, or perhaps even gift the gift of time and book a romantic weekend away.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, you could even put together an entire Easter gift basket for him. Make sure to have a theme for the basket, whether it be chocolate, food, golf, grooming, movies, gadgets or anything else and make sure it’s tailored to his personality.
- The list of possible gifts you can choose is never ending, so there’s no excuse for not giving him the right gift this Easter. But if you still feel like you need more help to track down a great present, check out the wonderful gift ideas below.
Top Easter gifts for him
Current deals and offers
For him: Unique and exquisite Easter gift ideas
Easter Day gifts for every personality type
How to Win Friends & Influence People from The Book Depository
This world-famous business book will give him the competitive edge he desires in the professional world.View details
Great Walks Magazine Subscription from iSUBSCRiBE
Help him plan his next outdoor adventure with the beautifully photographed features in this magazine.View details
Inexpensive and cheap gifts for him on Easter
12 Years a Slave from The Book Depository
This shocking account of one man's fight for freedom is gripping reading and the book is always better than the movie.View details
Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series Fire Starter from Amazon
This unique gift is perfect for the outdoor adventurer in your life.View details
Underground Toys Amazon Lightsaber Flashlight from Amazon
Let him act out all his boyhood fantasies of using the force with this unique torch.View details
Flying Alarm Clock from Latest Buy
This cheeky alarm clock takes some of the pain out of waking up early.View details
Why shop at finder.com.au for Easter Day?
- Convenience. Why go through all the hassle of physically visiting stores when you can do all your shopping from the comfort of your own home? We’ve has gathered a host of great retailers all in one place so you can shop on your lounge, in bed or just about anywhere you choose.
- Free shipping. Many of the retailers featured at finder.com.au offer free shipping if you spend over a certain amount. This can help you save a whole lot of money when shopping for easter gifts.
- Discounts and promo codes. Along with the already great prices offered by our featured retailers, take advantage of finder.com.au’s collection of promo codes. These give you access to a range of great discounts and you can enjoy huge savings across a range of products.