How to earn Qantas Points on Uber trips to the airport
You can score points with every Uber journey.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
To earn points, you'll need to link your Uber account with your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. You can do this through the Qantas app by tapping "book" and then "Uber".
How many Qantas Points can I earn with Uber?
There are two ways you can earn Qantas Points with Uber:
- You can earn Qantas Points directly when you're travelling to and from selected larger Australian airports.
- You can convert Uber Rewards points to Qantas Points. Uber Rewards will launch in Australia in early 2020. Once that happens, you'll be able to convert 750 Uber Rewards to 200 Qantas Points. You'll only be able to do that if you're a Gold, Platinum or Diamond Uber Rewards member. To reach Gold, you need to earn 1,200 Uber Rewards.
You'll earn 1 Qantas Point for every $1 spent on airport Uber trips, regardless of your tier.
You can earn points when travelling between these eligible airports:
- Byron Bay
- Gold Coast
Earn 2,000 bonus Qantas Points on your first Uber trip
If you haven’t signed up to Uber yet, you can score 2,000 bonus Qantas Points if you join and book your first Uber trip for anywhere in Australia (not just trips to the airport!).
This partnership is one of two ways frequent flyers can earn Qantas Points on transport. You can also download the ingogo app and link it to your Qantas account to earn points on your next taxi trip. Check out our guide to earning frequent flyer points with rideshare and taxi services for more ways to boost your points.
- This Virgin Australia sale is bringing you fares from $79 a pop
- Virgin Australia sale drops fares from $69 across 300,000 seats
- Fly across Australia from $99 with Qantas’s 2020 Boxing Day sale
- Score $75 flights with the Virgin Australia Boxing Day sale
- Take off across the country from $75 with this Virgin Australia sale
More guides on Finder
Westpac Altitude Platinum Qantas – Existing customer offer
With bonus Qantas Points and a range of complimentary insurance covers, the Westpac Altitude Platinum - Qantas is worth considering if you want more frequent flyer points.
Best Ukuleles in Australia
These are the 6 best Ukuleles you can buy right now in Australia.
PayActiv Earned Wage Access
Learn more about how PayActiv's Earned Wage Access service can help you access up to $500 of your paycheque for a $5 fee charged fortnightly (only if you access your wage before payday).
See the world from $1,129 with the Qatar Airways Boxing Day sale
Plus find out how you can trim a little extra off the top.
Red Energy Business review January 2021
Earn Qantas Points every time you pay your bill with business plans from Red Energy.
How to start a mechanic business
Learn how you can get started on your journey to a profitable career as a mechanic.
How to start an auto electrician business
What you need to know if you're looking to launch your own auto electrician company.
How to start a wedding planning business
Read our comprehensive guide to starting a wedding planning business you can be proud of.
Where to buy the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti graphics card in Australia
Looking to upgrade your gaming PC with the latest mid-range graphics card? Then you need the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti. Here's where to buy it in Australia.
Electric bikes for the beach
The features you need to consider when buying an e-bike you can ride to the beach.
Supercharge your frequent flyer points with Points Finder
Ask an Expert