Get rewarded with Qantas Points for your next taxi trip with the goCatch app.
As of October 2015, Qantas Frequent Flyers can receive points the next time they jump in a taxi. Qantas’ partnership with goCatch allows cardholders to earn rewards points on the go when booking your next cab through the goCatch app. Discover how you can maximise your points here.
How do I earn Qantas Points with goCatch?
- Download the goCatch app for free via the iTunes App Store or Google Play and create a goCatch account
- Link your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership details to your goCatch account
- Book and pay for your taxi through the goCatch app
Once your goCatch account is linked to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account, you can earn points immediately for all eligible taxi travel made through the app. (Top tip: Some credit cards offer free memberships to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.)
How many points do I earn?
Qantas Frequent Flyers who book their cabs through the goCatch app will earn 1 Qantas Point per AUD$1 spent. Keep in mind that a minimum of $10 must be spent in order to earn the points. So if your fare is $9.90, you’ll be unable to earn the points, but if the fare is $15, you will earn 15 Qantas Points. It may take up to 60 days for the points to appear in your Frequent Flyer account.
Subscribe to goCatch’s email deals and you can keep track of promotions for the chance to earn bonus Qantas points.
How can I redeem my points?
The points you earn through goCatch can be redeemed the same way as your regular Qantas Points. Browse the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program to see the various flight rewards, merchandise or gift cards you can redeem.
What are the limitations?
While the partnership could be a great way for regular cab customers to earn points for an everyday expense, there are some limitations that you’ll need to take note of.
- $10 minimum. If your taxi fare is less than $10, it isn’t considered an eligible taxi trip and you’ll be unable to earn the Qantas points.
- One account. Your goCatch account must be under the same name as your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. So if you don’t use taxis regularly, but a friend or family member does, you’ll be unable to earn points on their fare because both accounts must be under your name.
- No cashback. You can’t swap your points for cash or store credit. However, you can redeem your Qantas Points for awards and rewards through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and online store.
- Cannot claim on previous purchases. Members cannot claim Qantas Points for past taxi expenses, only those made after linking a Qantas Frequent Flyer number to a goCatch account.
We all know that taxi fares can burn a hole in your pocket, so if you’re a Qantas Frequent Flyer, you may as well get something back from it. Download the app for free and start earning Qantas Points the next time you hit the road.