6 best Boxing Day travel sales you can jump on right now
Plus all the deals we know that will be landing on Boxing Day (26 December) itself.
Boxing Day brings with it some of the best travel deals in the year.
This year, you don't even have to wait until 26 December to snap them up with many holiday-booking sites already slashing their prices in the lead-up to Christmas.
Here's what you can book right now. Plus a sneaky look at what's to expect to land on Boxing Day itself.
1. Flight Centre: Up to 45% off holiday packages
The sun-sale-tational sale runs all summer long (from December to February) and boasts up to 45% off holiday packages to destinations worldwide.
Our favourites include a 7-night stay in New York City, including daily breakfast and flights from Australia for $7,959 for 2 and a 4-night stay for 2 at the 5-star Crystalbrook Flynn Cairns, including flights, for $1,955.
- Travel: Varies but deals are available until November 2023.
- Sale ends: Varies but deals are available until 28 February 2023.
Luxury Escapes is wrapping up the year with the Best of 22. That is, the best deals of the year are returning for you to snap up. So if you missed something amazing in 2022, take heart because it could be returning for you to jump on in 2023.
Most deals are being released on 26 December but some are available right now, including this 3-night stay at the Hotel Telegraph Singapore for $999 for 2. It's valued at $2,598.
- Travel: Varies but deals are available until the end of 2023.
- Sale ends: Varies per deal but most are available for a limited time only.
3. Webjet: $250 off international holiday packages
The online travel booking platform is taking $250 off when you spend $3,000 or more on you next international holiday. Destinations exclude Australia and New Zealand but include everywhere else. Use the code BOXING250 when booking to watch those extra dollars melt away.
- Travel: Until 31 July 2023.
- Sale ends: 11.59pm AEDT on 4 January 2023.
The Squeeze more into Summer sale is IHG's answer to a long Boxing Day event and will help you save over the summer break.
There's a bundle of discounts available here, including up to 20% off Best Flexible Rates with brekky for 2 when you stay for 3 or more nights.
For peace of mind, IHG's flexible policy gives you free cancellations up until 6pm local time on the day of your arrival – how good is that?
There's also an early bird discount for those who prefer to pre-plan.
- Travel: Throughout 2023.
- Sale ends: 31 January 2023.
Experiences and dining
5. Entertainment: Bonus $40 WISH eGift card
Planning to go out and see your city more in 2023? Entertainment offers loads of discounted dining and activities that you can use throughout the year.
As part of its end of year sale, when you sign up for a single-city membership, you'll score a bonus $20 Woolworths WISH eGift card.
Sign up for a multi-city membership and you'll score a bonus $40 WISH card.
- Explore: Throughout 2023.
- Sale ends: 12pm AEST on 16 January 2023.
Planning to drive instead of fly over the summer? East Coast Car Rentals is taking 15% off everything in its End of Year Christmas Offer.
That's everything from economy rentals to luxury vehicles with no black-out periods either.
Better book that Easter long weekend camping trip while you can.
- Travel: From 10 January 2023.
- Sale ends: 1 January 2023.
Who is having a Boxing Day sale this year?
Want to be prepared on Boxing Day? Here's who we know is dropping their Boxing Day sale on 26 December 2022.
- Virgin Australia: Virgin announced on 22 December that it's Boxing Day sale will include 800,000 fares across its domestic and international network priced from $55 each way. Flights go on sale from 12.01am AEDT on 26 December.
- Klook: Free attraction passes and train passes plus up to 15% off: If you're headed to Japan in 2023, head to Klook on Boxing Day where you can win free tickets to Universal Studios Japan and Tokyo Disney Resort Park as well as train passes on the JR West and JR HARUKA. The competition starts at 10am AEDT. If you miss out, Klook will have up to 15% off JR Pass and Japan activities from 10am to 11.59pm AEDT.
- Jetstar: Australia's budget airline has confirmed it'll host a Boxing Day sale. Stay tuned for details as they drop.
This article was originally published on 21 December and updated on 22 December with information about Virgin Australia's Boxing Day sale.