Get down and dirty with the trailer for the Dynasty reboot
The seminal soap opera is bringing nasty back to Netflix.
The 1980s soap opera Dynasty is snarking its way into the modern day in the form of a reboot series later this year, and Netflix has today dropped the first trailer for the sordid new show.
Full of risqué relationships, devious plots and plenty of backstabbing, the trailer does a great job of capturing the tone of the original show – albeit with a whole lot more under-the-covers action.
Starring Grant Show (Melrose Place), Elizabeth Gillies (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll) and Australia's own James Mackay (The Dressmaker), Dynasty chronicles the nasty family feud between the Carringtons and the Colbys, two of America's richest families. The first episode will hit Netflix on 12 October, with new episodes arriving every week.
In other reboot news, check out the first trailer for the new season of Will & Grace, heading to Stan later this week.
- Gem Finder: The Bold Type is a sweet and daring tale of friendship
- The best TV shows and movies to stream this week: Homecoming and Outlaw King
- This week in streaming: Netflix gets more Mystery Science Theatre 3000 and No Activity returns to Stan
- Answering Kayo Sports’ three biggest questions
- 10 of the best Vampire shows to sink your teeth into