Find cheap flights to Dublin for 2019
Find special offers and low fares for flights to Dublin from Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The capital of Ireland is a must-visit destination for many Australians. Dublin is an energetic city, rich in culture, history and pubs. Don't leave without heading to Temple Bar to have a Guinness with the locals and explore the surroundings of Dublin. An adventure to Dublin is one that you don't want to miss.
See our latest Dublin flight deals
Dublin flight times
- From Sydney: 24 hrs + with a stopover
- From Melbourne: 24 hrs + with a stopover
- From Perth: 21 hrs + with a stopover
- From Brisbane: 24hrs 35 mins + with a stopover
Airlines that fly to Dublin
- British Airways
- Virgin Australia
Dublin insider flight tips
- You can usually fly from Australia to Dublin without stopping more than once, especially if you can be flexible with your travel dates. Etihad flies via Abu Dhabi (AUH) from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. Emirates and Qantas both fly via Dubai (DXB) from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide.
- Dublin is the home base for budget airline, Ryanair, which offers some ridiculously low fares for flights within Europe. Ryanair can get you to Dublin from major cities such as London (Gatwick and Stansted airports), Amsterdam, Paris and Athens. It is worth comparing flights on these routes to flying straight into Dublin from Australia. Check that your layover times give you long enough to get your connecting flight, especially if you need to change terminals or even airports, which may be the case in some major European cities. Be aware of any differing luggage restrictions when flying with multiple airlines too.
- Australian travellers traditionally like to break up the trip to Europe with a short stay in Hong Kong or Singapore. Thanks to so many competing routes nowadays, you can really take your pick of where to layover. In fact, if you are willing to stop more than once, then the possibilities are endless.
How to get around Dublin from the airport
Dublin Airport (DUB) is relatively small with only two terminals, making it nice and easy to navigate. It is well-equipped and only 12 kilometres from the city. A few companies run private airport shuttles that will get you to the centre of Dublin and nearby train stations. A cheaper option is to take the public bus (route 16) which takes about an hour to the centre of Dublin. There are also several coach services operating to major cities in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, such as Cork, Galway and Belfast. Regardless of where you want to go in Ireland, you can organise transport. All of these services are detailed on the Dublin Airport’s official website along with an integrated booking system.
Taxis are readily available and take about 30 minutes to the centre of Dublin. Driving is not necessary in Dublin itself but ideal for exploring the rest of Ireland. You can find major car rental agencies in the Terminal 1 Arrivals Hall and in the Terminal 2 car park.
More guides on Finder
Jetstar sale: $33 flights and 17 cities on sale
It's a great time to book travel while low sales prices continue for destinations all around Australia.
Qantas: Why ultra-long-haul is still the future
Airlines can survive coronavirus by pivoting to longer flights, as Linus Bauer from the University of London explains.
Cheap flights to Christchurch you can book in 2021
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
Cheap Flights of the Week: Australia, Europe and Asia
See this week's round-up of hot airfares to destinations around the world.
AirAsia BIG sale discounts 6 million seats with flights from $80
EXPIRED: Set your 2021 travel plans in motion.
Cheap flights to Queensland you can book in 2021
Secure flights to Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Townsville and more with this guide to finding cheap flights to Queensland.
Etihad Valentine’s Day sale has flights to Europe from $1,091
EXPIRED: Need Valentine's Day plans? We've got them sorted.
Enjoy Singapore Airlines sale fares on new route to Brussels
EXPIRED: Brussels is yours to explore with new special fares.
Cheap Lord Howe Island (LDH) flights for 2021
Find all of the flight and transportation information you need for your upcoming trip to Lord Howe Island.
Cheap flights to Newcastle (NTL) for 2021
Plan your trip to Newcastle with this guide that includes everything you need to know about booking flights and transport.
Ask an Expert