Cheap flights to Dubai for 2020
Find low fares and deals on flights from Australia to Dubai.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
An Arabian metropolis in the desert, Dubai is the glitzy gateway to the United Arab Emirates. Dubai is a delight for duty-free shopping. In fact, you’ll find every type of shopping experience from busy markets to high-end boutiques. It’s also home to the tallest building in the world and the observation deck on the 124th floor offers impressive views of the city skyline.
Dubai is a well-known haven of luxury hotels, beach resorts and palm islands, but there’s also traditional architecture to discover. Whatever your reason for visiting, as a destination or as a stopover, more and more Australians are drawn to the attractions, making flight deals to Dubai easy to come by.
See our latest flight deals to Dubai
What's considered a cheap flight to Dubai?
When flying from Australia, you can reach Dubai with a direct flight. Here's what's considered to be a cheap flight compared to the average cost of a flight from Australia to Dubai.
Dubai flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 14 hrs + when you fly direct to Dubai International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 14 hrs + when you fly direct to Dubai International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 14 hrs 10 mins + when you fly direct to Dubai International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 11 hrs + when you fly direct to Dubai International Airport
Airlines that fly to Dubai
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
Dubai insider flight tips
- Emirates and Qantas both fly direct to Dubai from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. If you prefer not to spend a straight 14 hours on a plane, then there are also many one-stop flight options that come with the added bonus of saving you money. Thai Airways offers a stop in Bangkok (BKK) and Singapore Airlines will take you via Singapore (SIN). Qatar flies from multiple Australian airports via Hamad (DOH) and Royal Brunei flies from Melbourne via Brunei.
- Neighbouring Abu Dhabi is only a 90-minute drive from Dubai on the highway with handy signage in English. Virgin Australia and Etihad fly direct to Abu Dhabi from Australia, which is useful if you are a frequent flyer with these airlines.
- You can often find cheap flights and accommodation in Dubai during Ramadan when Muslims fast between sunrise and sunset. It is illegal to eat, drink or smoke in public during these hours.
How to get from the airport
Dubai International Airport (DXB) is just 14 kilometres from the city and contains three terminals which are all served by the airport’s free 24-hour shuttle service. Dubai Metro system is air-conditioned and easy to use with only two lines. It runs every 10 minutes to different areas of the city from Terminals 1 and 3 between 5:50am to midnight or to 1am on Fridays. Airport shuttles and public buses operate on multiple routes. You can catch a bus or shuttle on the street opposite each terminal. Travellers must purchase a rechargeable Nol Card for travel on all public transport as drivers do not accept cash. You can recharge this card for up to 10 journeys or to cover unlimited travel over multiple days. You can also use it to pay for certain parking areas.
Taxis are plentiful and fairly cheap in Dubai, but you should ask the driver to start the meter or prepare to be overcharged. You can arrange hotel transfers in advance and ride-sharing services like Uber are also available. Major car rental agencies operate at each terminal and if you pre-book, you may find that a representative meets you as you get off your flight and takes you to your car. Driving is generally safe in this part of the world.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Daily Deals for 24th October 2020
Every day, Finder rounds up the biggest discounts on Amazon Australia. Here are today's best deals for online bargain hunters.
Amazon Prime Day video game deals 2020
Check out the latest and greatest video game deals throughout the Amazon Prime Day event right here.
Qantas: Why ultra-long-haul is still the future
Airlines can survive coronavirus by pivoting to longer flights, as Linus Bauer from the University of London explains.
How airlines are keeping you safe during the pandemic
Fly Well packs, pre-screenings, increased cleaning and more. Here's what to expect when you fly again.
Jetstar flight review: What’s flying like during the pandemic?
The flight was cheap. The Queensland border was still open. What happened?
Virgin Happy Hour has begun – all flights $99 or less
EXPIRED: Forget 2020. Start 2021 off with a bang with these discounted local flights instead.
This Virgin Australia sale has you taking off Down Under from $75
EXPIRED: Get ready to "Unearth Australia" with unlimited, free booking changes on sale fares.
Today’s Jetstar sale has 12,000 fares from $45 a pop
EXPIRED: This Friday Fare Frenzy will have you taking off to Uluru, Gold Coast, Hamilton Island and the Whitsundays.
There’s only a few hours to go to score $45 fares with this Jetstar sale
EXPIRED: Take your pick from Brisbane, Cairns or Adelaide from $45 a pop.
Best places to visit in the Northern Territory in 2020
Unique cultural experiences and picturesque natural wonders await in these six destinations. Plus, our top picks on the territory's best camp sites.
Ask an Expert