Worldwide flights from $1,779 return
Cheap flights to Dubai for 2022
Find low fares and deals on flights from Australia to Dubai.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
An Arabian metropolis in the desert, Dubai is the glitzy gateway to the United Arab Emirates. Dubai is a delight for duty-free shopping. In fact, you’ll find every type of shopping experience from busy markets to high-end boutiques. It’s also home to the tallest building in the world and the observation deck on the 124th floor offers impressive views of the city skyline.
Dubai is a well-known haven of luxury hotels, beach resorts and palm islands, but there’s also traditional architecture to discover. Whatever your reason for visiting, as a destination or as a stopover, more and more Australians are drawn to the attractions, making flight deals to Dubai easy to come by.
See our latest flight deals to Dubai
What's considered a cheap flight to Dubai?
When flying from Australia, you can reach Dubai with a direct flight. Here's what's considered to be a cheap flight compared to the average cost of a flight from Australia to Dubai.
Dubai flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 14 hrs + when you fly direct to Dubai International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 14 hrs + when you fly direct to Dubai International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 14 hrs 10 mins + when you fly direct to Dubai International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 11 hrs + when you fly direct to Dubai International Airport
Airlines that fly to Dubai
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
Dubai insider flight tips
- Emirates and Qantas both fly direct to Dubai from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. If you prefer not to spend a straight 14 hours on a plane, then there are also many one-stop flight options that come with the added bonus of saving you money. Thai Airways offers a stop in Bangkok (BKK) and Singapore Airlines will take you via Singapore (SIN). Qatar flies from multiple Australian airports via Hamad (DOH) and Royal Brunei flies from Melbourne via Brunei.
- Neighbouring Abu Dhabi is only a 90-minute drive from Dubai on the highway with handy signage in English. Virgin Australia and Etihad fly direct to Abu Dhabi from Australia, which is useful if you are a frequent flyer with these airlines.
- You can often find cheap flights and accommodation in Dubai during Ramadan when Muslims fast between sunrise and sunset. It is illegal to eat, drink or smoke in public during these hours.
How to get from the airport
Dubai International Airport (DXB) is just 14 kilometres from the city and contains three terminals which are all served by the airport’s free 24-hour shuttle service. Dubai Metro system is air-conditioned and easy to use with only two lines. It runs every 10 minutes to different areas of the city from Terminals 1 and 3 between 5:50am to midnight or to 1am on Fridays. Airport shuttles and public buses operate on multiple routes. You can catch a bus or shuttle on the street opposite each terminal. Travellers must purchase a rechargeable Nol Card for travel on all public transport as drivers do not accept cash. You can recharge this card for up to 10 journeys or to cover unlimited travel over multiple days. You can also use it to pay for certain parking areas.
Taxis are plentiful and fairly cheap in Dubai, but you should ask the driver to start the meter or prepare to be overcharged. You can arrange hotel transfers in advance and ride-sharing services like Uber are also available. Major car rental agencies operate at each terminal and if you pre-book, you may find that a representative meets you as you get off your flight and takes you to your car. Driving is generally safe in this part of the world.
More guides on Finder
Greenest airlines in Australia
The Finder Green Awards have recognised the airlines who are committing to a greener future.
How airlines are keeping you safe during the pandemic
Fly Well packs, pre-screenings, increased cleaning and more. Here's what to expect when you fly again.
Cheap flights to Christchurch (CHC) you can book in 2022
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
Flexible flights: 15 airlines and sites where you can book
Want peace of mind on your next trip? These airlines are offering you flexibility when you need it most.
Cheap flights to Queensland you can book in 2022
Secure flights to Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Townsville and more with this guide to finding cheap flights to Queensland.
Cheap Lord Howe Island (LDH) flights for 2022
Find all of the flight and transportation information you need for your upcoming trip to Lord Howe Island.
Cheap flights to Newcastle (NTL) for 2022
Plan your trip to Newcastle with this guide that includes everything you need to know about booking flights and transport.
Cheap flights to Coffs Habour (CFS) and deals for 2022
Find out how much you should be paying for flights, the best time to book and transport options with our guide for booking flights to Coffs Harbour.
Cheap flights to Tasmania for 2022
From the best prices to where the airport is, here is everything you need to know about flying to Tasmania.
Australian Open flight deals for 2022
Find all the Australian Open 2022 flight deals right here.
Ask an Expert