Use this Dropbox promotion code to get more for less with the world’s leading cloud storage service
Dropbox is the world’s leading service for cloud-based file sharing, storing and synchronisation. It allows remote access to all your important files, whether they are photos, music, programs or documents, anywhere you are.
Dropbox promotions and discount codes for December 2016
Free 30-day business trial
Try Dropbox for your business free for 30 days.
Sign up for 12 months and save 17%
Pay for a full year of service in advance and save 17% on the regular monthly fee.
Dropbox Pricing: What Dropbox plans are available and how much do they cost?
Dropbox for Business from Dropbox
Sign up your business for Dropbox and get a minimum of 1TB of storage per person.View details
How do I use my Dropbox promotion code?
How do I use my Dropbox promotion code?
Once you have created your Dropbox account you can use your promo code to increase your space. Follow the simple steps below to validate your code.
1. Sign into your Dropbox account or create a new account.
2. To reach the page where you are able to enter your code, type this url into the search field: www.dropbox.com/coupons.
3. Enter your code in the box provided and click ‘Submit’.
4. Congratulations! You have successfully used your Dropbox code.
Dropbox is one of the world’s leading cloud services for data storage and sharing. Millions of members worldwide use the service on a daily basis to save, share, and collaborate. To sync and share your files all you need is a Dropbox account and an internet connection. You can access your files offline from the Dropbox application which you can download from the Dropbox site.
Dropbox Review | Pros and Cons
- Convenient. Dropbox allows remote access to your files from anywhere. It’s a convenient and flexible way to work, share and collate your files for your everyday life.
- Affordable. Dropbox plans are available for the price of a cheap meal every month.
- Support. Dropbox has millions of users and a responsive and dedicated support team.
- Encryption. All Data that is stored on the Dropbox cloud and servers is encrypted using state-of-the-art code.
- Privacy concerns. Dropbox has come under fire due to privacy concerns, especially after former US Secretary of State and contributor to the post 9/11 surveillance architecture, Condoleezza Rice, was appointed to its board of directors. Dropbox’s CEO and board continues to assure customers of its commitment to transparency, privacy and stands by the appointment.
How does Dropbox work? How do I download Dropbox and what is my Dropbox login?
Getting Dropbox on your computer or device is easy. Just visit the website and select the service that suits your needs. Create a free user account and select your chosen plan. Then, download the Dropbox application to your computer or device, and you're ready to go.
Your files are stored in the cloud. By installing the application, you’ll have offline access to your files. You can login using the email address and password you set for yourself when you signed up.
How do I get Dropbox for a Mac?
When you visit the Dropbox website, your operating system or device will be detected. When you select the version of Dropbox you’d like to download (basic, pro, or business) the suitable application will start downloading immediately. If you’re having problems, try troubleshooting in the Help Centre or contact the support team.
What forms of payment does Dropbox accept?
You can pay for your subscription with:
- American Express
How can I cancel my account?
If you’re a free user of Dropbox and want to cancel your account, go to the Dropbox website, login to your account and click on your account name in the top right hand corner of the page. Click ‘Settings’ and then the ‘Account’ tab. Click on the ‘Delete my Dropbox’ link and follow the instructions.
If you’re a Pro user you’ll need to cancel your subscription first, which can also be done in the ‘Account’ tab. If you have a Business account, you will need to contact your admin.
If you cancel your account, the files you are storing on the cloud will be wiped. Files stored on another member’s account, or which have been downloaded to your computer or hard drive, will not be affected.