Drop everything! Flights to South America just fell as low as $905 return
Get set to discover 9 South American cities for less.South America is on sale with LATAM and the sky's the limit with your choice of destinations. Take your pick of hiking the Inca Trail in Cusco, dancing in the streets for Carnival in Rio or trekking through the Amazon jungle in Bolivia.
There are so many great things about this sale, we almost don't know where to start but probably the most important part is you can find flights for as low as $905 return from most major Aussie cities.
Not only that, but there are some direct options to get you there in as few as 13 hours if you're flying from Melbourne.
Highlights of the sale include:
- Melbourne to Santiago de Chile from $905 return
- Brisbane to Santiago from $923 return
- Sydney to Rio de Janeiro from $1,049 return
- Melbourne to Lima from $1,017 return
- Sydney to Sao Paulo from $1,038 return
- Melbourne to Cusco from $1,088 return
- Adelaide to Sao Paulo from $1,189 return
- Sydney to Bogota from $1,412 return
For those longing for a South American adventure, we probably don't need to remind you that this is a significant saving off full-price flights. In fact, looking at what you can fetch for the next-cheapest fare, you're saving $582 on the Sydney to Santiago route.
Travel dates are from now until September 2020 but we found the lowest fares to be between May and August.
To book: We found these fares from $905 return by comparing fares on Skyscanner. The sale is being advertised on the official LATAM site with prices from $1,047 on trips between Melbourne and Santiago, meaning you can save $100 or more by quickly comparing your fares.
How good are these South America fares?
- Price: Great. We've seen flights to Santiago drop as low as $899 return in the past on LATAM which means you're pretty close to rock-bottom prices here. When you factor in the variety of destinations and dates, you're certainly on to a winner.
- Airline: Great. LATAM is a full-service airline, which means in-flight meals, checked-luggage and in-flight entertainment are all included in your ticket.
- Travel time: Good. From Melbourne you've got direct flights into Santiago, making them exceptional. From other Aussie cities, you'll need to transfer through Melbourne which could mean long stopovers.
- Weather: Great. You have a whole slew of dates to choose from so you should be able to find something to fit your schedule. Consult our Best Time Guide to South America once you've chosen your next holiday destination.
- UPDATED: What to know about the Tasmanian border reopening
- Klook’s new tour brings a taste of Europe to the Hunter Valley: Here’s our review
- Queensland reopens its borders to NSW: Here’s what you need to know
- Review: What to expect from the Madame Tussauds Sydney TikTok challenge
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?